Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RH TD's on backorder  (Read 1859 times)

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
RH TD's on backorder
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »

Has anyone else fallen into the long, slow and agonizing wait for RH TD's that seem to never arrive. I've had mine on order for 6 weeks. The dealer finally came clean last week and told me that Rinehart is expecting a shipment out of the factory next week but can't promise whether mine are in that lot. The dealer is suggesting that I may want to consider a different setup - possibly V&H. Any thoughts out there? I was planning a RH TD setup with SERT and the upgraded filter, a decision that came by way of many hours visiting this site and one that I'm anxious to "hear."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:53:43 PM by hd-dude »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: RH TD's on backorder
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »

Has anyone else fallen into the long, slow and agonizing wait for RH TD's that seem to never arrive. I've had mine on order for 6 weeks. The dealer finally came clean last week and told me that Rinehart is expecting a shipment out of the factory next week but can't promise whether mine are in that lot. The dealer is suggesting that I may want to consider a different setup - possibly V&H. Any thoughts out there? I was planning a RH TD setup with SERT and the upgraded filter, a decision that came by way of many hours visiting this site and one that I'm anxious to "hear."

Yep, i had a set on order for a customer for several weeks, finnally just cancelled because he was able to get them from an ebay seller, awesome price to, 699 and free shipping!. Do a search on ebay

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:45:10 AM »

I know I can get them via Ebay - but, I'm not sure whether my dealer will work with anything other than what they can get through their distributor. I'm having the dealer do the install (pipes, SERC, etc) and the dyno work. I guess I can ask and see - worst case, they say no.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »

Some dealers won't install part not purchashed from them. If they tell you no then do yourself a favor and get them from ebay, install them yourself and then let the dealer do the race tuner & dyno. You'll end up with a few hundred dollars in you pocket to get more goodies.....

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:41 AM »

That is a good point. I just emailed the dealer to see whether they'll let me bring some in from another source. If, as you say, they balk, I may just go ahead with your recommendation. Thanks again!!!!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:27:10 AM »

That is so surprizing to me, my dealer is just thrilled to install anything from anywhere. Of course they charge $85.00 an hour and nobody can imagine from what world their timing clocks come from. (i.e. simple oil change, 2 hours = $170.00, and that was with the owner supplied oil.)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:22:25 AM »

If you really want to get a set of them right away you might try calling Eastern Performance or try Seminole Harley Davidson in Sanford Florida.   As of the beginning of the week they (Seminole) still had 8 sets on hand.  Ask for Corie in chrome dept.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

Got mine from Easternperformance and cannot be happier. I installed them myself which is very easy AFTER you get the crossover pipe off. Plus, my installation is far superior than the what my dealer did on my last bike. They failed to use high temp silicone (as required) where the mufflers attach to the pipes, they failed to line up the mufflers so both sides looked uniform, and they left fingerprints all over the heat shields. AND I PAID FOR THAT !!!  :oops: :soapbox:

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their inout. I talked to the dealer and they're ok with me getting the pipes from a different source. I'll probably give Eastern Performance a shot. I'll likely do the install myself and let the dealer take care of the SERT and the dyno work. Save some $$$$ for other upgrades later on down the road. Thanks Again!!!!!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »

Glad you got it all worked out.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »

Try M & M cycles for Rineharts. Got an email stating they had them for $639.95
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.