Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What causes problems with your Harley  (Read 3652 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: What causes problems with your Harley
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 08:22:29 PM »

It's doing the same thing here today. When I ordered it yesterday I told them not to deliver until Monday. Didn't want it sitting there looking at me.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I guess if you're spreadin' mulch you must be getting along great with the new equipment.  Glad to hear that.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »

I guess if you're spreadin' mulch you must be getting along great with the new equipment.  Glad to hear that.
Haven't started spreading it yet, but have been working in the yard some. So far so good. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »

Haven't started spreading it yet, but have been working in the yard some. So far so good. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Gary,
Great to hear that you can get out and do some things that will "stress-test" the new hip...it hasn't been that long though, so take it easy...
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 08:39:43 PM »

hmmm....new hip and mulch
maybe you still have one more get out of honey do cards to play....lol

jeffj

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »

You know, I remember the AMF days of old...when you would get heads that weren't bored properly, parts that fit so badly, that even if you welded them together, they'd still leak.  Even though we get upset with the MoCo's lack of quality control at times...their overall QC is light years ahead of what it used to be.  I think for us 07 guys, we hit the "first model year" syndrome...seems like no matter what you buy, that first year is when the bugs show up...and the companies learn from those bugs...(legal disclaimer; this is in no way an endorsement of the MoCo or it's production methods) ::)

2012 FLHXSE3

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »

Gary,
Great to hear that you can get out and do some things that will "stress-test" the new hip...it hasn't been that long though, so take it easy...
I've been "stress testing" it already. Riding bike at gym every day for 30 minutes, and adding lifting weights three times a week with that.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :firmean:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »

hmmm....new hip and mulch
maybe you still have one more get out of honey do cards to play....lol

jeffj
I did say it's been "stress tested". ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 08:51:26 PM »

I did say it's been "stress tested". ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
LOL...it definitely has been.   ;)  Now you've got no excuses to do the "honey-do" list.   ;D

2012 FLHXSE3

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »

Like any corporation with shareholders, the bottom line is the prime consideration. Lots of outsourced parts, sure good quality they hope and for the least cost possible. Trouble is sometimes they find out too late that the parts they received maybe just met specs, but weren't good enough in practise.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 02:59:34 AM »

Biggest problem with my Harley is the DEALER, service department is totally incompetent, slow, never test anything, do not follow up, do not return calls, etc.  I have lost total confidence with them & they have been unable to do what I would consider fairly easy repairs/mods to the bike.  For example, before I picked up the bike I asked them to install an oil temp guage in place of the ambient temp in the dash.  When I picke it up it did not work & it took them four tries to get it working & only after I gave them the information on this site.  Have had the same problem on several other mods the most recent being the install of air suspension system.  They have had the bike for four weeks & system is still not working, told them to put bike back to stock so I could at least get some ridding in this spring!  These guys are complet morons.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »

Biggest problem with my Harley is the DEALER, service department is totally incompetent, slow, never test anything, do not follow up, do not return calls, etc.  I have lost total confidence with them & they have been unable to do what I would consider fairly easy repairs/mods to the bike.  For example, before I picked up the bike I asked them to install an oil temp guage in place of the ambient temp in the dash.  When I picke it up it did not work & it took them four tries to get it working & only after I gave them the information on this site.  Have had the same problem on several other mods the most recent being the install of air suspension system.  They have had the bike for four weeks & system is still not working, told them to put bike back to stock so I could at least get some ridding in this spring!  These guys are complet morons.

Hmmm, thinking I would find another dealer close by
Geez that is terrible service and if they can't even install an air suspension system

Good Luck in finding a different dealer

jeffj

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »

I agree with RedDevil. HD has come a long way.  There is always room for improvement.  There will always be some jerk doing a half-assed job.  You don't have to look to far to see most Americans want top dollar, top benefits and still could care less about the end result.  That's nothing new.

I see some things on my 2 06 SE's that could have been better. I would have had to pay more to own them though.  Can you imagine what they might want for a bike with all the mods most of these guys do.

Maybe I'm too old school, I would rather do most of the wrenchin myself anyway.  Hopefully I'm not tempting fate.  I have close to 5K on my CUSE and 2K on my SEFB2.  I am completly satisfied.  I am constantly telling my wife "I love this motorcycle"     

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »

I appreciate everyone's input on this issue.
I see both sides since I love my 2006 CUSE and am happy with it overall, just surprised some that it has some issues like the ignition and regulator when my 1997 Fatboy had no issues. I got good paint with my 2006 and also had the factory custom paint on my 1997 and there was no problems with that paint either. I know the CUSE has more complexity and parts to it than the Fatboy but again I was paying for the "top of the line" and best that Harley makes for 2006.
It disheartens me to see the problems leaving the factory whether it be bad paint, overheating etc. I feel like if I was in charge of things and I was marketing these products as the best we have to offer they would not leave the factory in a defective manner. They would be thoroughly tested and new versions would see lots of testing before they are released to the public. Then if something did slip by the factory inspection and testing I would hope the dealer would catch it too. As a final step if something was found to be wrong by the owner I would have my customer service folks bend over backwards to correct the problem as soon as possible.
I feel that sometimes due to our loyalty and love for Harley we are taken advantage of and not treated as VIP customers. We sometimes are our worst enemies by accepting the shortcomings.
Think of the issues on any other vehicle besides a Harley. Would you buy a Corvette or Cadillac at MSRP or even thousands over MSRP just to accept bad paint and it overheating and not running right? Yet would you then spend a year or more waiting for new body panels and spending thousands to get it to run right?
I know too that the problems can seem to be in the majority since those who are happy stay quiet and usually don't post things like "No problems again today" yet the ones with problems are very vocal.
That is the reason I gave the option to select no problems too.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.