Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I find out local area HD factory rep??  (Read 3536 times)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
How do I find out local area HD factory rep??
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

Anybody have any idea how I can find out who my local area HD factory rep is??

Think I have a dealer warranty/service issue here...  >:(  and will need to escalate it...

I am in Houston -- problem dealer is Republic....

Mark

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: How do I find out local area HD factory rep??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:02:56 AM »

found this on Harley's site,,  hope it helps

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.

Sorry, we're unable to receive e-mail at this time.

Customer Relations Department
Harley-Davidson Travel Center
8969 North Port Washington Road
P.O. Box 1460
Milwaukee WI 53201-1460

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:02:35 AM »

found this on Harley's site,,  hope it helps

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.

Sorry, we're unable to receive e-mail at this time.

Customer Relations Department
Harley-Davidson Travel Center
8969 North Port Washington Road
P.O. Box 1460
Milwaukee WI 53201-1460

I've seen that message for 8 years and they still can't take Email from customers?  It's a lot cheaper to review email and respond then to answer the phone with a human, that is unless you outsource to Inja.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

dsmbagger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »

The dealer should tell you who it is and how to contact. I know my local dealer has clients come in every month to meet with him at a certain time. They can help you but are also just "middle" guys so to day. I know when i worked at a dealer that that what we did anyway..

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »

I've seen that message for 8 years and they still can't take Email from customers?  It's a lot cheaper to review email and respond then to answer the phone with a human, that is unless you outsource to Inja.

They don't outsource...and I'd personally rather TALK to someone than send an e-mail that get's lost in someone's inbasket.  Thank goodness there is still a company that uses PEOPLE. 

Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »

Anybody have any idea how I can find out who my local area HD factory rep is??

Think I have a dealer warranty/service issue here...  >:(  and will need to escalate it...

I am in Houston -- problem dealer is Republic....

Mark

Mark,

If it is serious enough, it eventually will get to:

http://www.aiceconference.com/aicekeynote.asp.

I have spoken to Steve and he seems like a reasonable enough fellow.  Likely several levels of management to wade through before it gets to him.  He is ultimately responsible for all warranty issues.  Do not have his email.

To get his email or your regional HD reps email, you might check with Valerie Lederman, your HOG Regional rep. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »

Thanks for the tips!

Rjob749 -- you have a message...

Mark

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

They don't outsource...and I'd personally rather TALK to someone than send an e-mail that get's lost in someone's inbasket.  Thank goodness there is still a company that uses PEOPLE. 

The reason HD doesn't accept email from customers is deniability and profit. Email creates a record of communications which can be used for many things not the least of which is legal proceedings (ie: lawsuits, warranty claims, etc.) Phone calls are easy to ignore and there is no record of what is said. Snail mail puts time on HDs side and it can be claimed that the post office never delivered it or it got misplaced. It's also likely that communications from customers would go up and the MOCO would have to hire extra people to respond to customers issues. That means $$$ off from the bottom line. It's all about money ... maximizing profits and minimizing expenditures.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 02:38:11 PM »

The IRS does not have an email way to report fraud.  They used to have a call-in number but it just got too expensive to man it, and they had to shut it down.  Now the only way one can report fraud is to download a form, and mail it in.  People are funny, they will report their neighbor or someone they don't like with no basis of fact.  All reports have to be reviewed and this is manpower and expensive.  I think it is great that Harley will at least let you call someone. They record what is said because I've called and they have a record of all communications attached to the VIN of your bike.  And at least for me, every time I did call, the people on the other end of the phone were very nice. 

cigarmike

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

The reason HD doesn't accept email from customers is deniability and profit. Email creates a record of communications which can be used for many things not the least of which is legal proceedings (ie: lawsuits, warranty claims, etc.) Phone calls are easy to ignore and there is no record of what is said. Snail mail puts time on HDs side and it can be claimed that the post office never delivered it or it got misplaced. It's also likely that communications from customers would go up and the MOCO would have to hire extra people to respond to customers issues. That means $$$ off from the bottom line. It's all about money ... maximizing profits and minimizing expenditures.

They do not want a written record. When I first contacted customer care about my bad paint, THEY sent me an email that allowed me to return pictures of my bad paint. The link said 'Reply Only", so I followed the directions, loaded my pictures, and hit the send button. It said , 'Your email was sent" but not only did the email completely dissappear from all my folders, new and old mail, so too did the one I sent from the 'send' folder, so now I have no record of any communication with them. Pretty f***in tricky, and deliberate on their part.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 12:15:28 AM »

Thanks for the tips!

Rjob749 -- you have a message...

Mark

No problem, ledt me know what you hear on Monday and if need be I can sen a note.  We have until Wednesday, I had my calendar on April still.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.