Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance Hines Pro Pipe 2 into 1 not for SEEGS  (Read 3322 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Vance Hines Pro Pipe 2 into 1 not for SEEGS
« on: September 27, 2005, 10:09:09 PM »

I spoke to VH techsupport today to ask some very pointed questions about their 2 into 1 and some performance drops that I have seen in my 124 with their pipe on and both the big and small baffle and with no muffler at all.

I was told that the 124 motor is being choked by the 1.5" pipe and that I will most like need to find a stepped pipe to fix the issue.   I ask then what is the limitation on your pipes and the tech told me its really made for 88 cubes and some 95's but thats the extent of it that it is not meant for performance engines or the 103.   They do have a stepped pipe he said for the Dyna's and the Softails just not for the FLH's.  

Just found this an interesting conversation today and thought I might pass it on to those looking for a performance pipe.

If you have one no offense just passing along what I was told by the manufactures rep.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Vance Hines Pro Pipe 2 into 1 not for SEEGS
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 11:38:17 PM »

Interesting tidbit of information.......similar to what they said about the Thunderheader, too.  But sure doesn't seem to have hurt my performance.......take a look (SAE corrected).....and compare............. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 06:35:01 AM »

Like JCZ' set up, I have the Vance and Hines propipe 2 into 1.  My dyno sheet reads like his, my seat of the pants read is the bike runs like a throughbred and I am very happy so far. I had also called the company before ordering these pipes this spring and was concerned about the fact that they did not specifically say that they would work on the 103 engine. I was at that point, assured that they would work fine.  In my opinion - they do.  

[smiley=cherry.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 08:32:40 AM »

Just the messenger here passing on what THEIR tech dept had to say.    That also doesnt mean that something else wouldnt have run better for you that had a stepped pipe.

/ducks and cover

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:25:07 AM »

Just the messenger here passing on what THEIR tech dept had to say.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 10:30:56 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 11:39:03 AM »

Interesting tidbit of information.......similar to what they said about the Thunderheader, too.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 12:19:51 PM »

JC, you either gotta get smaller dyno sheets or buy me a bigger monitor

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 03:02:40 PM »

Scrolling action....baby! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Patience, patience, I got a date Friday night  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

(scrolling must be some new slang for it, right?)

JustBill

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 07:53:32 PM »

Haven't had mine dynoed yet, but seat of pants says the V&H performs well. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 08:29:28 PM »

Carl's Speedshop and Miller's in Daytona had a suggestion for me with my V&H ProPipe...

Take out the baffle, and draw out a triangle on the baffle tip, but ensure the triangle is drawn 3-4mm from the edges of the baffle. Drill three 5/16's holes, one on each tip of the triangle. Stick it back in and ride...

This allows for more breathing which they state the 103 and bigger motors must have....

I did it cause these places are pretty legendary for getting everything out of a setup..plus if I messed up anything, I'd just buy another baffle...

Since I've not put it on a dyno to verify I'll not state anything about power increases. The butt dyno, which I'm not a big fan of, tells me nothing.

Seems to be somewhat logical though...just a little bit more flow for the 103 breathing....

I'll post a pic this weekend....

P

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 10:41:09 AM »

Carl's Speedshop and Miller's in Daytona had a suggestion for me with my V&H ProPipe...

Take out the baffle, and draw out a triangle on the baffle tip, but ensure the triangle is drawn 3-4mm from the edges of the baffle. Drill three 5/16's holes, one on each tip of the triangle. Stick it back in and ride...

This allows for more breathing which they state the 103 and bigger motors must have....

I did it cause these places are pretty legendary for getting everything out of a setup..plus if I messed up anything, I'd just buy another baffle...

Since I've not put it on a dyno to verify I'll not state anything about power increases. The butt dyno, which I'm not a big fan of, tells me nothing.

Seems to be somewhat logical though...just a little bit more flow for the 103 breathing....

I'll post a pic this weekend....

P

Come on Phatty.......get it dynoed.......you may be the one on the leading edge of shade tree technology with these things.  It does sound viable to me.  

West Coast GTG   

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 11:25:02 AM »

I was also told to drill some holes in my vance and hines ovals to get more air flow.I have been waiting to install a race tuner. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.