Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Linear license plate  (Read 1735 times)

hogasm

Linear license plate
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »

What I am trying to accomplish is mounting a license plate behind the rear fender and have it drop down "vertically" when the bike is cut on, then disappear when the bike is cut off.

I have had no luck trying to find any such beast for a bike on the net. Any help is appreciated :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Linear license plate
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »

What I am trying to accomplish is mounting a license plate behind the rear fender and have it drop down "vertically" when the bike is cut on, then disappear when the bike is cut off.

I have had no luck trying to find any such beast for a bike on the net. Any help is appreciated :2vrolijk_21:

Brian, I've got both a DC powered pair of worm gears here and a small straight linear actuator.  But both take up too much room to tuck up inside the fender and still carry a license plate mechanism.  Messed with it a little bit more a few nights ago.  So far can't figure anything out, at least with the samples I've got.  Bugging them for alternative parts but don't know what we'll see.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 02:29:36 PM »

Try www.terryfaulknerdesigns.net phone #980-581-6011 Ask for Terry Faulkner. Should be avaiable sometime this summer.

Sliver-Black sent this my way so you can thank him. Looks like a really trick product,

dsmbagger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »

http://www.davefinnmotorcycles.com/
Call Dave at this shop. He makes one that mounts at the bottom of the rear fender..You may have to call him as i dont think he lists it on his site anymore.

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »

Try www.terryfaulknerdesigns.net phone #980-581-6011 Ask for Terry Faulkner. Should be avaiable sometime this summer.

Sliver-Black sent this my way so you can thank him. Looks like a really trick product,

That's what I was looking for :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 25 queries.