Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sketched windshield  (Read 1803 times)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
Sketched windshield
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:48 PM »

I'm looking for someone in the northwest that can laser sketch my windshield with a custom graphic and then I'll do the LED in the fairing to make eliminate the graphic at night. If anyone has any info w/prices etc... It would be greatly appreciated.
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Sketched windshield
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »

I'm looking for someone in the northwest that can laser sketch my windshield with a custom graphic and then I'll do the LED in the fairing to make eliminate the graphic at night. If anyone has any info w/prices etc... It would be greatly appreciated.
Ugly John

Check out this place:  http://www.coolwindshields.com/
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »

:pepper: Yep, that's the look I'm going for. Thanks for the comeback.
UJ

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

You can also check out www.KingPennIndustries.com        Good Luck
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »

You can also check out www.KingPennIndustries.com        Good Luck

After seeing this thread yesterday I got curious as to what some options might be and also found this place.  Really really like the first impression of their product.

http://www.glowshield.com/

It's an engraved windscreen with (apparently) small LED embedded in the engraving.  Neat look when illuminated in their photos.  Before seriously considering it though would want to see what it looks like unilluminated in normal light though.  Might be incredibly unattractive with obvious LED segments and connectivity to them.  Would also wonder if any special maintenance or cleaning practices had to be exercised on the windshield.  Neat look in theeir photos though.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »

After seeing this thread yesterday I got curious as to what some options might be and also found this place.  Really really like the first impression of their product.

http://www.glowshield.com/

It's an engraved windscreen with (apparently) small LED embedded in the engraving.  Neat look when illuminated in their photos.  Before seriously considering it though would want to see what it looks like unilluminated in normal light though.  Might be incredibly unattractive with obvious LED segments and connectivity to them.  Would also wonder if any special maintenance or cleaning practices had to be exercised on the windshield.  Neat look in theeir photos though.
Don,
that is pretty slick ,only problem vs. plain etching is that not to be used while riding (see their safety disclaimer). But a SE eagle head lit up would have a high cool factor! :) john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »

Don,
that is pretty slick ,only problem vs. plain etching is that not to be used while riding (see their safety disclaimer). But a SE eagle head lit up would have a high cool factor! :) john

I read that John.  Just meant the lights in the screen weren't to be turned on while riding.  So you'd still still the engraving.  I'm just not sure what else you'd see.  How visible the LEDs and other bits of whatever they're using for connectivity might be.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »

I read that John.  Just meant the lights in the screen weren't to be turned on while riding.  So you'd still still the engraving.  I'm just not sure what else you'd see.  How visible the LEDs and other bits of whatever they're using for connectivity might be.
I guess what I meant, was too bad you can't ride it while its lit up! And I am not sure (unless I was nearby) that I would leave it lit up like a Christmas tree when not around ( almost like posting a sign for pretty bike parked here, please steal me!!!)  I do agree that will all that wiring and connection may have maxed out on TRF ( technological realiabity factor ;D) John
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:59:54 PM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »

Great ideas and designs for sure. After looking at them and since I do many designs etc.. (wife has a graphic design business) I may just design one of my own and get the sketcher out and give it a try. Might test on the wifes windshield first thought. :D or do some testing on some plexi-glass I've got in the garage. The lighting looks to be the easy part. Might put a couple of colors in it.... Hummm.....got the old brain going now.
UglyJohn

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 08:53:18 PM »

Great ideas and designs for sure. After looking at them and since I do many designs etc.. (wife has a graphic design business) I may just design one of my own and get the sketcher out and give it a try. Might test on the wifes windshield first thought. :D or do some testing on some plexi-glass I've got in the garage. The lighting looks to be the easy part. Might put a couple of colors in it.... Hummm.....got the old brain going now.
UglyJohn

And tonight's nominee for bravest man on the site is........     :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »

I was considering the Coolshield thing I referenced in the post above for the Vrod, so called the guy to see how it was lighted...his is done from the base of the shield, so no wires are visible in the shield itself.  It only works on clear shields, apparently shining up through the edge of the shield gets it done... :nixweiss:  He does a really nice Eagle head, or will do whatever design you come up with.  I decided a tinted shield would look better on the V, so didn't pursue any further.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.