Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 day weekend in WI  (Read 1883 times)

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
3 day weekend in WI
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:12 PM »

Just got back from a ride in central WI. Found a couple of good roads. I live north of Chicago (McHenry IL) and rode up to the Dells for a nite. Dinner and a nite club. Ishnala is a great place to eat! Awesome food and a very cool setting over a lake. Partied at Marley's. At 42 I'm an old guy there. My wife and brother and sister inlaws took me out for my B-day. Rode up to the dells not using the main highway. Left the Dells the next day and headed for La Crosse. Rode out on 33w an AWESOME rode for the midwest! Fun factor was an 8 out of 10. Remember we are talking WI. Pub crawled in LaCrosse and on the other side in MINN. Ate dinner at the Frieght House, another great place for Steak and Seafood. Came down 35 along the Mississippi then headed East on 60and dropped our near Madison. This route was highlited in the HD map it was ok but 33 was way cooler. Made it home today. 630 total miles. PERFECT FOR A 3 DAYER.
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Re: 3 day weekend in WI
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:11:03 AM »

Hey, sounds like fun, My wife and I would love to do a ride like that sometime :huepfenpinkie: :huepfenpinkie:, I am only 38, so maybe before I'm 42, I will be able to do a ride like that with someone sometime   
                                                          :smilie_staub:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:14:22 AM »

Sounds like a great birthday! Happy Birthday tommyo! And BTW, you guys are doing a good job entertaining us tonight! ;D :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:25:29 AM »

Whats up Hoist? Yah, just havin alittle fun again :bananarock: :bananarock:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:27:53 AM »

Whats up Hoist? Yah, just havin alittle fun again :bananarock: :bananarock:

Hey Mike, how ya doing? And WTF not! ;D :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »

:balloon: :balloon:  :2vrolijk_06: :birthdays: :2vrolijk_06: :balloon: :balloon:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 07:17:11 AM »

Happy B-day Tommy0,

Sir Michael, I sure hope you let him win at least one roll on for his b-day :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »

Just got back from a ride in central WI. Found a couple of good roads. I live north of Chicago (McHenry IL) and rode up to the Dells for a nite. Dinner and a nite club. Ishnala is a great place to eat! Awesome food and a very cool setting over a lake. Partied at Marley's. At 42 I'm an old guy there. My wife and brother and sister inlaws took me out for my B-day. Rode up to the dells not using the main highway. Left the Dells the next day and headed for La Crosse. Rode out on 33w an AWESOME rode for the midwest! Fun factor was an 8 out of 10. Remember we are talking WI. Pub crawled in LaCrosse and on the other side in MINN. Ate dinner at the Frieght House, another great place for Steak and Seafood. Came down 35 along the Mississippi then headed East on 60and dropped our near Madison. This route was highlited in the HD map it was ok but 33 was way cooler. Made it home today. 630 total miles. PERFECT FOR A 3 DAYER.

Happy birthday Tommyo........I rode recently more or less the same route three weeks ago during the Posse rally. I left from Dubuque, IA heading to Duluth MN. so I took the border Winconsin/Minessota along the Mississippi river from South to North and arrive ito Duluth.....It was a beautiful ride!!!!

Ride safe and ejoy your day!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Jorge

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:31:43 AM »

Happy B-day Tommy0,

Sir Michael, I sure hope you let him win at least one roll on for his b-day :)

Whats up Harry? Sure I let him in every now & then, hey he's 42 now, I was always taught to respect my elders!! :rolleyes4: :rolleyes4:

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »

I just love riding that part of the country; in the summer time that is.  I am originally from Wisc and was stationed a few years ago at the Great Lakes Navy Base.  Have family in both Iowa and Wisc so put on alot of miles up that way.  Another great ride up into Wisc is the Kettle Moraine area.  If you haven't tried that, you really should go.  Used to be you could just GOOGLE Kettle Moraine and get to maps of the area and stuff. 

Ride Safe, Otter

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »

I know Kettle very well. Spent a lot of time there mountain biking.
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »

I just love riding that part of the country; in the summer time that is.  I am originally from Wisc and was stationed a few years ago at the Great Lakes Navy Base.  Have family in both Iowa and Wisc so put on alot of miles up that way.  Another great ride up into Wisc is the Kettle Moraine area.  If you haven't tried that, you really should go.  Used to be you could just GOOGLE Kettle Moraine and get to maps of the area and stuff. 

Ride Safe, Otter

yea guys, :2vrolijk_21: seems like I'm always headin up in that area, love the roads and scenery, and the Kettle moraine area is just gorgeous in the fall, if you haven't done that put it on the top of your list. living in the stateline area, Wisconsin is just the ticket for us weekend warriors, wether I'm doing a 300-400 mi day ride or a nice weekend adventure, Wisconsin has it all, great rallies, endless list of microbreweries, Road America for great racing, The Dells, I could go on for hours, its no wonder I put 5k mile up there last year alone.  :pepper:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.