Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Leaks are pissing me off.  (Read 936 times)

cigarmike

Oil Leaks are pissing me off.
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »

Ive spent the first 17 months of My CVO ownership trying to for one f in day, to not have an oil leak. Doesnt matter who works on it, either they add one, or a new one developes after the other ones are fixed that were added. First Oakland HD added 4, that San ramon HD fixed those but they in turn added one new leak, Jim fixed all those, but then my Chrome inner primary leaked, which Jim fixed again, then when they took out that frickin GP dresigns bracket that didnt work in my bike , back to an  outter primary leak, and now today, I see that my stater is leaking oil.  so whats the secret to a leak free bike. This is geting rediculous.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Oil Leaks are pissing me off.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

Drain the oil and put it in a museum.   
Sorry, but sooner or later they all leak. I would start asking them to check if the covers and  other fittings are true or warped. I went thru this with my 03 flhrsei2 for about 6 months until they changed out covers several times.  It has been leak free about 2 years.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

charlie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

mine started out leak free for the first year then this year it had it's first leak stone MT. fixed it and it's been fine since

cigarmike

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:54 AM »

So whats the stator fix going to entail ??. do they have to take off the primary cover again?/

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.