Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Goo  (Read 2627 times)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Goo
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 08:14:39 PM »

I've also delt with the goo problem. My bike is about six months old and around 4000 miles. It comes back. I'm on about the third cleaning of this stuff. Cleaned till I was satisfied and after a few weeks in the sun and it's back. :nixweiss:
WOODY

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »

I've also delt with the goo problem. My bike is about six months old and around 4000 miles. It comes back. I'm on about the third cleaning of this stuff. Cleaned till I was satisfied and after a few weeks in the sun and it's back. :nixweiss:

It comes back like herpes...I m gonna order a new gasket and clean ALL the goo away then use my own goo that will cure.  Idiots.

Miker

$$fathead$

• CVO1: 07' FLHRKSE3
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »

Dealer brought my SERK to me (around 150-200mi). first thing I seen was the goo! I just mentioned it to him (as it was his day off and he was super cool. Thanks Tex!!). Got some Goo Gone from Wally World and it took it right off, no residue on the rubber. :2vrolijk_21:
Weather you think you can, or you can not, your right

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »

It comes back like herpes...I m gonna order a new gasket and clean ALL the goo away then use my own goo that will cure.  Idiots.

Miker

Good luck..careful not to scratch that fuel tank paint...THAT wont be covered under warranty when you try to explain that one.  Don't you think it would be best to just get some goo gone and wipe it a few times and go on with life and ride?  Just a thought...aren't there more important things?
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »

Good luck..careful not to scratch that fuel tank paint...THAT wont be covered under warranty when you try to explain that one.  Don't you think it would be best to just get some goo gone and wipe it a few times and go on with life and ride?  Just a thought...aren't there more important things?

I didn't scratch it, it is gone and now I feel better.  Thanks for your concern.

Miker 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 09:20:12 AM »

Dealer brought my SERK to me (around 150-200mi). first thing I seen was the goo! I just mentioned it to him (as it was his day off and he was super cool. Thanks Tex!!). Got some Goo Gone from Wally World and it took it right off, no residue on the rubber. :2vrolijk_21:
$$fathead$,

That wouldn't happen to be Tex at Calumet H-D, would it?  Great guy!

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.