Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: For the HP/TQ Junkies...  (Read 4141 times)

PCC

• Full CVO Member
Re: For the HP/TQ Junkies...
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2004, 01:08:35 PM »

JMOTON:

I guess we'll just have to disagree...personally...I'm not arguing against the Race Tuner, but the dyno sheets on this site don't support your argument that it is "BETTER",  it's just different, and harder to tune no matter what the opinion of "those who use it" may have
. [smiley=laugh.gif]

jmorton10

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2004, 06:54:58 AM »

JMOTON:

but the dyno sheets on this site don't support your argument that it is "BETTER",

mfgreen

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2004, 11:01:14 AM »

Right, which supports my statements that it takes an experienced tuner to get the most out of the race tuner & there aren't many of them around.  Somebody who is very experienced with a race tuner can get more TQ/HP than with a PC as the race tuner allows far more adjustment than the PC.  For one thing, a race tuner will allow you to add/subtract fuel in all the individual cells-the PC only allows you to add it.  Doug Lofgren(World Class Tuning) who is one of the best tuners in the country recommends the RT as the ultimate tuning tool although they tune bikes with both options daily.

The other advantage is the RT adds no hardware to the bike that can quit on you while you are 1500 miles from home.  The PC is FAR more sensitive to voltage variations from the crank position sensor than the stock ECM, this does not apply to a bike tuned with the RT because you still use the stock ECM setup.

I agree that most normal street riders will be quite happy with a PC & it is much easier/faster to tune correctly, if you want every last TQ/HP you can wring out of your motor, the  RT is the way to go however.

~John

AMEN

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2004, 03:34:04 PM »

John:

Here we go again....

I personally don't know of any failed PC's in this area, but I do know of some failed HD ECM's. That's not to say it doesn't happen the other way around, either. My friends at Freedom Cycle use PC's exclusively because they get better results with less complications than the RT. These guys are former NHRA Pro Stock Champs...so they are prretty good tuners. By the way...you are wrong about subtracting fuel with the PC and you can also modify front vs. rear cylinder delivery with the USB model. Never seen a real world example of voltage fluctuation from the crank position sensor. I've also not seen any example of a dyno sheet on this site where power and torque are better for the RT than PC, and if there are so few people who can use the Race Tuner properly to get , as you say, the most TQ. and HP, then what good is it to have one?

I'm sure you are going to want to come back and refute every one of these points, but as I said before, these are both good products. I believe they will eventually produce the same results. I just believe the Race Tuner is harder to use, and apparently, so do you.

What I take exception to, is your statement that the Race Tuner is better, "Every Time". That's just personal opinion, and I think it misleads folks who are trying to make a decision.
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.