Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110 inch race calibration  (Read 3026 times)

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
Re: 110 inch race calibration
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 06:41:03 AM »

I spoke with my dealer and he told me that in his opinion the SE mufflers would flow better than stock because the stock mufflers are catalyst mufflers.  I also agree with most of the posts and appreciate the additional information.  Reasons are usually important if one wants to use the information to make a decision.  By the way...what would be the appropriate air fuel ratio for an air cooled engine...12:1????
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »

I would expect you to be far from 12.1 unless all you were doing is running Wide Open Throttle.

You will most likely want something around 14:1 in low throttle cruising   13.7 - 13.4 somewhere in the middle and around 13-12.5 for 80 to 100 percent.   There are VARIANCES here based on Volumetrics, Heads, Cams, timing etc and the way your tuner wants to tune the bike.

Granted Harley base maps are lean to get by EPA as a trade off from Noise / Pollution, but they still not a bad starting point to get from once and I repeat once you get the volumetrics correct for the cylinders.

What hardware do you plan on using to tune your bike to get an acceptable map setting?

There are many threads discussing these if you use the search, but here is the basic low down

SERT map changes are written directly to the ECM   
Power Commanders map is based off whatever is in your ECM already with the changes happening at the PC
Thundermax is a complete ECM change with their own maps that you download into your ECM
Datyona Twin Tec compelte replacement ECM that needs a base map put in.

Fuelers / Race Paks / DFO's are add ons that go on top of the your system and add fuel
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

evilroadking

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »

Jerry,

My friend with the Road King that did a round trip to from Sacramento to Seattle with stock free flash, the Sac dealer told him the bike is running a little on the rich side, they reflased back to the orginal factory flash, told him to ride about 50-75 miles open road and check his plugs..

geee - sure sounds lke a plan to me.

Evil
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.