Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Saddlebag Latch Cover  (Read 955 times)

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
Need Saddlebag Latch Cover
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »

Anyone know who makes or where I can buy this latch cover?

Seen it on a number of bikes in magazines but cannot find the maker anywhere.

Thanks for any help!!!!
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Need Saddlebag Latch Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »

That is a MoCo part I have them on my bike. One note of caution.. Take a close look after mounting these as they are known to rub the saddlebag lid when opening. I found mines did that and I added some washers to space it out but it still rubs a little. I placed some clear 3M tape on the spot where it was rubbing to protect the paint.

Edit: Here is the post with instructions/comments pertaining to the washers I mentioned - Billet Lid LocksFor 02 SERK

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:16:38 AM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »

Scrm-r and Dood,

Thanks for the help!!!  I can't believe I looked everywhere (including H/D) and could not find it and it is an HD part!!!

Dood - thanks for the tip about it rubbing as well.  Have a brand new custom paint job being done to the bags right now and wouldn't want to mess them up!!

Thanks again,

Doug

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:30:49 AM »

Guy down in Texas makes them as well, think they were going for around $90. Epic Sun is the name of the company and he sells on ebay. See if I can't find his website or email info.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »

Scrm-r and Dood,

Thanks for the help!!!  I can't believe I looked everywhere (including H/D) and could not find it and it is an HD part!!!

Dood - thanks for the tip about it rubbing as well.  Have a brand new custom paint job being done to the bags right now and wouldn't want to mess them up!!

Thanks again,

Doug

Hey Doug, what got going with the Hard Bags? Got any designs for them yet? How far away are you from completion? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:03:39 AM »

Howie,

Bags are being painted right now and should be ready when i get home from Italy on the 17th.  Once I get everything put together I will take and post some pictures.  Still waiting on the filler strips to come in, so those have to get sprayed later.  Didn't want to hold the whole job up.

The bags are being painted and leafed to match the paint to look like factory original, then I am having a shredded flag airbrushed on the covers and sort of falling over the edges onto the top side of the bags.  Ghosted in on the bottom of the back of the bags is the Screamin Eagle script logo.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »

Howie,

Bags are being painted right now and should be ready when i get home from Italy on the 17th.  Once I get everything put together I will take and post some pictures.  Still waiting on the filler strips to come in, so those have to get sprayed later.  Didn't want to hold the whole job up.

The bags are being painted and leafed to match the paint to look like factory original, then I am having a shredded flag airbrushed on the covers and sort of falling over the edges onto the top side of the bags.  Ghosted in on the bottom of the back of the bags is the Screamin Eagle script logo.

Man, that sounds real nice Doug! Who's doing the painting? Can't wait to see your pics. I expect mine back by month's end. It appears that we're being trendsetters with this! ;) HHoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.