Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mountain Trip  (Read 2785 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Mountain Trip
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »

Very nice, Bro !
I'm gonna have to talk with Ben and the boys at CCHD as to why you're on an 08  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:
Beautiful areas to ride. ! !

My PUI no doubt is the reason. 

I go now to edit & blame only myself.....   :huepfenjump3:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »

Really great pics iski! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like a great trip. I love riding that area. BTW, how'd those '08s run on the trip? Did they resolve the heat, rocker box, and head gaskets on those '08s yet? ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 02:18:20 PM »

Looks like some beautiful scenery.  Thanks for sharing the pics.  Rich

You're welcome, Rich.

I'll be in Knoxville, TN in August and plan to ride some of these same roads and a few of the northern twisties in the Smokies as well.

If I lived in that area, I would keep a rear tire in the garage at all times.  For some reason the tread on mine disappeared at a rapid rate.   :nixweiss:

At least 3 guys got new rear tires while on that trip.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »

Really great pics iski! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like a great trip. I love riding that area. BTW, how'd those '08s run on the trip? Did they resolve the heat, rocker box, and head gaskets on those '08s yet? ::) Hoist! 8)

Welcome Hoist.  it was a great trip. As I posted somewhere else, the gals enjoy it at slower speeds, and on this trip for me that was not an option.  ;D

Amazingly, the 08s are perfect.  The new color, Amazon Hot Pink with Lace Garter Stripes is not for every taste however.  Not only are all those issues you mentioned resolved, they have super comfortable seats, easily adjustable handlebars that work for riders from 4' 10" to 6' 11", completely redone suspensions that hug the road no matter what, and a surprise new feature.

No, not ABS.

A real surprise!

Wondering what it is by now huh?

Windshield wipers!

But they only have one speed, its much too slow to be useful when it rains, and they make an annoying squeak/squawk sound and only work below 40 mph when the horn button is also pressed.  The MoCo also forgot to waterproof the windshied wiper motor, of course.  :huepfenjump3:

Kuryakyn has already made a better set, due in Sept.  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

:drink: :drink:  :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 02:43:01 PM »

That's exactly what i was hoping you'd say iski! ::) Can't wait for my perfect Hot Pink SERK replacement to come in! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »

Hoist, I have this line about Hot Pink heads on the 08's with extra clearance on the rockers, but its a family site and all......    ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »

iski,
Great pictures and report. :2vrolijk_21: I'll be visiting some of that area (Dragon, Cherhola Skyway) end of July.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »

Great report and looks like the weather did you right. Shared most of the same roads and know what you're talkin about. Luv it. Thanks.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »

Did they get the pisser fixed at that Texaco?  Last time, I had to step around back to choke some lizard back there...

Terry,

I was there a few weeks ago and recall the issue during last year's event...the answer is NO!!!  Guess customer satisfaction is not a high priority here currently.  Of course consider the circumstances too>
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 26 queries.