Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lifter Cover/Lower Pushrod Cover Oil Leak  (Read 1163 times)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Lifter Cover/Lower Pushrod Cover Oil Leak
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:37:13 AM »

I have oil seeping around where the lower pushrod tube mates into the lifter cover on the rear cylinder, which is causing oil to blow back along the right side of the transmission cover, over the pipe, and all the way back to the saddlebag.  Appears to happen worst at higher rpm's, like running 80-85 down the interstate for an hour or so.

I raised the lower pushrod cover (the outermost one) and exposed the o-ring, which seems to be in good shape...it's only been in there for six months.  Everything was tight so I cleaned everything up and put it back together, but not with much confidence that I have solved the problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Lifter Cover/Lower Pushrod Cover Oil Leak
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »

I have oil seeping around where the lower pushrod tube mates into the lifter cover on the rear cylinder, which is causing oil to blow back along the right side of the transmission cover, over the pipe, and all the way back to the saddlebag.  Appears to happen worst at higher rpm's, like running 80-85 down the interstate for an hour or so.

I raised the lower pushrod cover (the outermost one) and exposed the o-ring, which seems to be in good shape...it's only been in there for six months.  Everything was tight so I cleaned everything up and put it back together, but not with much confidence that I have solved the problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

O-rings are a lot like girls sometimes.  Touch them just right (or wrong) and fluids come out for reasons we often don't really understand.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 25 queries.