Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tach reading wrong!!  (Read 4981 times)

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Tach reading wrong!!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »

I just talked with my Service Manger today about the tach issue.  He was not aware of the problem and told me he would check into it via HD Net.  He just called back.  He spoke with a "CVO tech" in Milwaukee.  The CVO tech said that they were not aware of the issue.  Now my dealer wants me to come in and check it.  He will surely point at my ThunderMax Autotune as the problem.  Does anyone have anymore information or a contact that my dealer could speak with?

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »

Just bit me! Tach stuck on 2000 rpm. This bike has had more little small defects than any other Harley I've owned. If it wasnt fun to ride,......... >:(
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »

Acting like they haven't heard of the problem may be standard operating procedure with some dealers.  I can't imagine the "techs" at HD not having heard about this issue.  My tach/speedo has been changed out and so far, so good.

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:23 PM »

Talked with the Service Manager again, he's sticking to his story... "this is what Milwaukee is telling me - no reported problems with the Tach".  He said he will keep and eye out for the issue.  My tach problem is very sporadic, so I don't think there is a way for me to take it in and get it diagnosed.  Rode 500 miles this weekend to Thunder in the Valley - no issues. I guess I will wait until the issue is more consistent and have to live with it for now.  If anyone runs across something "official" please let me know.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »

Talked with the Service Manager again, he's sticking to his story... "this is what Milwaukee is telling me - no reported problems with the Tach".  He said he will keep and eye out for the issue.  My tach problem is very sporadic, so I don't think there is a way for me to take it in and get it diagnosed.  Rode 500 miles this weekend to Thunder in the Valley - no issues. I guess I will wait until the issue is more consistent and have to live with it for now.  If anyone runs across something "official" please let me know. I have had the same problem. it seems that if I turn the bike off and start again it recalibartes itself and is fine. Not sure if I turn on the key then the run button or the other way around but it seems to fix the problem and then a few weeks later it  happens again and I just turn the bike off and restart and all if fine. Billy

2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »

Talked with the Service Manager again, he's sticking to his story... "this is what Milwaukee is telling me - no reported problems with the Tach".  He said he will keep and eye out for the issue.  My tach problem is very sporadic, so I don't think there is a way for me to take it in and get it diagnosed.  Rode 500 miles this weekend to Thunder in the Valley - no issues. I guess I will wait until the issue is more consistent and have to live with it for now.  If anyone runs across something "official" please let me know.

Michael,

Many of us have run into the same story from dealer service personnel on various issues in the past, "Haven't seen anything from Harley on that", or something similar.  I personally had an issue where I was forced to print a copy of the bulletin H-D had sent out to the dealers and hand deliver it to the service manager before he would take me seriously.  If your dealer refuses to take you seriously, contact H-D customer service directly and get the issue on record. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MichaelHDMD

• FLHRSE3 - SCRMN7

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Thanks Billy and Jerry.  Jerry - I guess that is what I am looking for an official H-D bulletin on the subject.  If someone has something on this let me know.  I have told them about the posts on this site, but they aren't going to use that to replace my tach.

HogDoc

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:15 PM »

"this is what Milwaukee is telling me - no reported problems with the Tach".  He said he will keep and eye out for the issue.  My tach problem is very sporadic, so I don't think there is a way for me to take it in and get it diagnosed. 

OK, I started this thread and the above HD Dealer is feeding you pure BuLL chit. I had my tach replaced 4 times until they got it right. Any easy way to reproduce the problem is to keep cycling the test mode by holding the odo button in and turn on the ignition. This will run the speedo in test and peg all the needles. Keep doing this and you will see you tach stick at 500, the next cycle will stick at 1000 and the next cycle will reset at zero. You then have the defective tach. All the stock tach/speedo at HD has been purged about 2 months ago with the revised tach/speedo. I confirmed this with the head of the CVO department at HD and if the dealer keeps giving you crap PM me and I have the office and cell # to the Harley CVO man who is aware of this situation. You should have no issues after it is replaced. Good Luck
2007 SERK, Custom dynamics LED turn/brake. HIDS, Wizard LED show lights, Roller rockers, extra chrome goodies
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.