Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Want an FLHRSE, Found one, Got approved, but....  (Read 2064 times)

twizz

Want an FLHRSE, Found one, Got approved, but....
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »

i've been getting chastized for the past 20 minutes from my girlfriend as I lurk around here reading of all your SE stories.  I'll try to keep this as short and sweet, while still giving some good background. 

I bought my first HD in April of flast year, an 06 XL1200L in Glacier White (which MoCo killed for the white gold this year).  I rode the entire year, getting to 7k miles by January.  On a Monday evening late that January, I came home to my email with message from MoCo that said 'Be the first to see the NEW XL1200N Nightster'.  Yea, I'm bored, lets see another flash movie of a bike.  So I open it, and for the entire time, my jaw is on the ground.  The movie is over, and I scream 'I want one'. My girlfriend tells me I'm nuts, and at 8:45am Tuesday, I'm at Mills in Burlington, NJ telling my guy Larry that I want the first one they get, and how soon can I have it.  He tells me he doesn't know when they're coming in and how much it is.  He looks it up on the PC, finds a VIN for one, and checks on shipping.  It left KC the previous thursday, and should be there by the end of the week.  I get the call it came in on Friday, I go see it, sit on it, and beg to take it home.  They tell me it can be ready Saturday morning, the 3rd.  That morning its 15 degrees out.  I ride it into work, and have managed 2500mi so far.

And you thought this would be short?

In the past 5 months, I spent a week in Florida on a Street Glide and (with the g/f's blessing) fell in love.  She hates the sporty, and won't ride it unless I make her, and I can't really blame her.  Anyway, I decided the next would be a Touring, but maybe next year.  I've been toying with the idea for the past few weeks, and 10 days ago, stumbled across an 02 FLHRSE in Purple with 7400 miles. 

The guy with this FLHRSE needs to sell it quick, so I arrange my financing with Mills on Saturday morning, and give him a call.  We come to terms on the $, and everything is a go.  Larry at Mills advises me of the process, so I try to iron it all out and coordinate with the seller.  The dealership (Mills), is doing a buyer assist for me, so this can be a little tricky.  Well, to make a long story short (yea, right), theres a HUGE catch-22 with this process.  The dealer won't send in the paperwork until they have a title in hand to guarantee the bike, but can't issue a check until 3-5 days after they have the title and submit the paperwork.  Well, the quandry is 'what seller will give up a title without any money?'  I understand this, I work at an auto dealer, so this turns out to be quite the pickle. 

Anyway, I'm looking for an 02 FLHRSE in Purple.  Financing is approved and arranged through a long standing, local HD dealer.  Anyone familiar with the process and willing to deal, please contact me.  I'm a serious buyer and ready to make it happen NOW. 

~Chris

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Want an FLHRSE, Found one, Got approved, but....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »

Hey Rog

Is this explanation legit?
Do things work that way?

I usually just write a check and get a title later.
This sounds like one of those deals where you wire money to a third world country and never get anything for it. :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

twizz

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »

Hey Rog

Do things work that way?

This sounds like one of those deals where you wire money to a third world country and never get anything for it. :nixweiss:

Thanks for the reply - Does Rog work at an HD dealer?

I run a small used car outfit very close to this dealer, and deal with financing and titles all the time.  For us, if we even considered doing financing on a private transaction, we absolutely would want the title in hand before we sent the paperwork off, because if we wrote checks and HOPED a title came in on every deal, theres a big window to get burned.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 03:35:58 AM »

Hey Rog

Do things work that way?

In Washington you can't legally sell a vehicle without control of the title.  It is for the protection of the buyer.

Without knowing you have control it isn't worth the chance on a deal like this.  However, if the title is at a bank and I am making the payoff and I have the vehicle I am selling, that is control.

If the title is clear and the seller has it in this case, I think twizz has it right.  As the private seller I would want my check before I handed over a title and the bike.  Someone has to give here and if I was the seller I wouldn't and as the guy in the middle there is no gain for him so I would do it the way Mills did too.

So this is the "perfect storm", unless somebody has the cash it is a stalemate. 

If you are financing at a bank direct they'd cut a check and you could meet the seller at a branch but with a dealer assist it makes it tough.  Nice of the dealer to even offer really.

Anyway, good luck twizz, there'll be another nice one soon. :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:37:48 AM by Rjob749 »

twizz

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:36:45 AM »

In Washington you can't legally sell a vehicle without control of the title.  It is for the protection of the buyer.

Without knowing you have control it isn't worth the chance on a deal like this.  However, if the title is at a bank and I am making the payoff and I have the vehicle I am selling, that is control.

If the title is clear and the seller has it in this case, I think twizz has it right.  As the private seller I would want my check before I handed over a title and the bike.  Someone has to give here and if I was the seller I wouldn't and as the guy in the middle there is no gain for him so I would do it the way Mills did too.

So this is the "perfect storm", unless somebody has the cash it is a stalemate. 

If you are financing at a bank direct they'd cut a check and you could meet the seller at a branch but with a dealer assist it makes it tough.  Nice of the dealer to even offer really.

Anyway, good luck twizz, there'll be another nice one soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Thats the nail on the head, and again, I really can't blame the seller.  Even though his motivation for selling is he is buying a piece of property and needs the money ASAP, he could have had a check a week ago at this rate.  It was a 7k 02 FLHRSE for $19k and some change.  Not the deal of a lifetime, but a low mileage, very clean bike.  I tried raising the cash through various sources, even offering BIG points to use the $ for 10 days, but all to no avail.  I love our economy.  I'll just go buy an 07 if I can find one.  Otherwise, its time to start from scratch with an 07 FLHR.  I'm going to Mills today, if they have something that strikes me set up already, its coming home with me.  Thanks for all the input, and keep me informed if you guys come across any.  I was looking for a sales section of this message board, but couldn't find one.  Am I that slow? Or is there not one there?

twizz

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »

Found the Selling and 3rd party forums.  Is anyone aware these were down last night?  Oh well.  My bug for a touring bike is f*in killing me.  I started with this 02 almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm so fed up with it I haven't even put over 100 miles on the Nighster since I decided on this SERK.  Will this feeling go away once I have some sort of FLH? Will I disappoint myself by just getting a stock 96 incher? Or should I stick to the SE hunt?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »

Thats the nail on the head, and again, I really can't blame the seller.  Even though his motivation for selling is he is buying a piece of property and needs the money ASAP, he could have had a check a week ago at this rate.  It was a 7k 02 FLHRSE for $19k and some change.  Not the deal of a lifetime, but a low mileage, very clean bike.  I tried raising the cash through various sources, even offering BIG points to use the $ for 10 days, but all to no avail.  I love our economy.  I'll just go buy an 07 if I can find one.  Otherwise, its time to start from scratch with an 07 FLHR.  I'm going to Mills today, if they have something that strikes me set up already, its coming home with me.  Thanks for all the input, and keep me informed if you guys come across any.  I was looking for a sales section of this message board, but couldn't find one.  Am I that slow? Or is there not one there?
We have a Selling and 3rd party for sale Boards. The Selling board are items members have for sale, and the 3rd party for sale board is where members can post items that they have found/saw for sale (examples: items for sale on eBay, or items they may have seen at dealers).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »

Found the Selling and 3rd party forums.  Is anyone aware these were down last night?  Oh well.  My bug for a touring bike is f*in killing me.  I started with this 02 almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm so fed up with it I haven't even put over 100 miles on the Nighster since I decided on this SERK.  Will this feeling go away once I have some sort of FLH? Will I disappoint myself by just getting a stock 96 incher? Or should I stick to the SE hunt?
Were you logged in as a member last night when you didn't see these boards? If you were just viewing as a guest then that is more then likely the reason you didn't see them.

If it is your true desire to have the SERK then exhaust all efforts in finding it before deciding to go w/something else. You would/could create your own CVO, but unless you exhaust all efforts you might not be satisfied in the end.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

twizz

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »

Thanks Fired00d.  I was logged in as a member, and I wasn't able to get to it.

I've been exhausting my efforts for the past week, and there is an extremely skilled tuner in my area.  I'm thinking of just going with an 07 FLHR and tricking cash into it with him.  He has an FLH-something that passes V-Rods like they are in reverse.  But, then again, I won't have SE.  Ugh, decisions.  If only I could find an 07 SERK somewhere.....

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

Whatever you decide to buy, I am sure you will be happy.  However, there are alot of us here that will agree with this, if you do not buy a CVO motorcycle, you will always wish you did.

It is kinda like having the best Honda or Susuki Motorcycle, and when people here you have a motorcycle, the question they always ask is
          ................ Is it a Harley?

Well, once you've gone CVO ............... it is pretty hard to be satisfied with anything else.

They are a lot more than a fancy paint job, I assure you.

:cherry:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:02:42 PM »

Have you considered an '08 model? only have to wait a few days and then put your name on a list monday.

twizz

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 10:29:32 AM »

Thanks for all the insight guys. 

I did consider an 08 Model, but every dealer I checked with already had at least 3-4 names on the list, and i'm an inpatient mofo, so if I can't have it now (or something close to it), I'm not interested.  I buckled and got an '07 FLHRC, in the new two-tone green.  If you haven't seen the color in person, you absolutely MUST.  The photos on the website do it no justice. 

I must say, I rented an 07 Street Glide in Florida, wasn't at all impressed, but once I got on this RK, I'm VERY impressed.  It feels like it would hang, if not overtake, my Nightster, which isn't entirely stock. 

I think the CVO venture is going to have to wait until I collapse and get an Ultra Classic, or upgrade the sporty to a dyna.  Thanks again for all your help, guys, and I'll keep lurking until I get my CVO, whenever that may be.   ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »

Thanks for all the insight guys. 

I did consider an 08 Model, but every dealer I checked with already had at least 3-4 names on the list, and i'm an inpatient mofo, so if I can't have it now (or something close to it), I'm not interested.  I buckled and got an '07 FLHRC, in the new two-tone green.  If you haven't seen the color in person, you absolutely MUST.  The photos on the website do it no justice. 

I must say, I rented an 07 Street Glide in Florida, wasn't at all impressed, but once I got on this RK, I'm VERY impressed.  It feels like it would hang, if not overtake, my Nightster, which isn't entirely stock. 

I think the CVO venture is going to have to wait until I collapse and get an Ultra Classic, or upgrade the sporty to a dyna.  Thanks again for all your help, guys, and I'll keep lurking until I get my CVO, whenever that may be.   ;D
Congrats on the purchase of your new scooter. Don't forget...

:worthless: :worthless:

You can do more then lurk we can help you spend $$$ on your scooter just as easy as we do on CVO's ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 25 queries.