Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Just Ordered My New '08 SERK....  (Read 2858 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Just Ordered My New '08 SERK....
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

I'm somewhat new to the forum, but have posted a few times.

I'm at the top of the list for Doc's Harley here in St. Louis for the first 105 Anniversary SERK.  I'm not sure of the delivery as the dealer is still at the dealer announcement.  They are going to let me know when they plan to get it in, or at least a close idea of a delivery.

I almost bought the red '07 but with all the issues I've read here, I decided to wait for the '08, and with it as an anniversary model, I'm cool with that.

As far as seats and tourpak, it's a lot better than my current ride, a '76 FLH with a Mustang seat.  I'm really looking forward to it, the happiest I've been in years.

Thanks to all for all the input on different threads, it's been a great source of information.

Soon to be an actual member of this forum.

Dan

Dan,
       You're a member already. While Neal started this site as a forum for CVO owners, it has expanded to include non CVO owners as well. Some of us have a CVO and other bikes that are not CVO's. We have one member who has a stable of absolutely gorgeous over the top Hi-Po hotrod bikes as well as a couple really sweet anniversary models but no CVO's So we're not CVO snobs as it were, just that if you do own a CVO, this is the best site to be a member of. Best wishes on the purchase of your 08 SERK. I have an 03 SERK and they are probably the most adaptable of any model H-D makes. My SERK Elvis has had more looks than David Bowie and every one of them was functional and fun. Let us know when it comes in and post some pics.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 05:10:38 PM »

Dan,

Nice toys and I bet your excited about your new scoot  :2vrolijk_21:

Who is Linda Vaughn  :nixweiss:

jeffj

Check out this site to see who she was:  Miss Hurst Golden Shifter
http://misshurst.www3.50megs.com/hl01.htm

Linda Vaughn. Miss Hurst Golden Shifter. The First Lady of Drag Racing. Trophy queen at just about every type of automotive competition including NASCAR, Indy, Formula One, etc. Linda was the sweetheart of many a race fan, including yours truly, from the mid-60's to the early 1980's when she relinquished her titled as Miss Hurst Golden Shifter.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »

Check out this site to see who she was:  Miss Hurst Golden Shifter
http://misshurst.www3.50megs.com/hl01.htm

Linda Vaughn. Miss Hurst Golden Shifter. The First Lady of Drag Racing. Trophy queen at just about every type of automotive competition including NASCAR, Indy, Formula One, etc. Linda was the sweetheart of many a race fan, including yours truly, from the mid-60's to the early 1980's when she relinquished her titled as Miss Hurst Golden Shifter.

Thanks, I kinda remember her....like her look  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »

good luck with that. I hope they fixed the heat problems of the 07. I am sure they have.
Thats the best looking one of the 08.
SLASH

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

good luck with that. I hope they fixed the heat problems of the 07. I am sure they have.
Thats the best looking one of the 08.

I have no idea if the same solution would work on a 110, but when I bumped LD from 96" to 103", added the SE Mufflers and a SERT, the heat problems went away. It was hot and humid here in Dago yesterday and I took LD out cause it had been sitting for awhile. No issues with heat off the rear pipe at all. I personally think the heat issue is relative to restrictive mufflers and lean air/fuel mix. Correct those two problems and you're good

just my $0.02

B B
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.