Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New 110" Top End Kit  (Read 3818 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
New 110" Top End Kit
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

It looks like there is a new top end kit for the 110's. Can someone get a parts breakdown?

Also sounds like there maybe a new head gasket, possibly a -07B that uses o-rings around the dowels. The -07A did not have any o-rings.

Can anyone dig into this stuff?

Thanks,

:indian_chief:

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
Re: New 110" Top End Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »

My mechanic did verify the head gasket is now a B suffix. Not sure about the rest yet. -Keith

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »

It looks like there is a new top end kit for the 110's. Can someone get a parts breakdown?

Also sounds like there maybe a new head gasket, possibly a -07B that uses o-rings around the dowels. The -07A did not have any o-rings.

Thanks,

What do you mean by top end kit?  Cylinders pistons, etc?  If so, then I have two old kits to be put in.  I spoke the the Customer Tech Support guy last Thursday and we spent about an hour on the phone dicussing parts, revisions, etc and there were no changed parts other than the -A head gaskets.  He even pulled all the drawings and revision history and confirmed that there were no pending changes. 

I need to know if there are newer parts out there than I have waiting for me.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »

What do you mean by top end kit?  Cylinders pistons, etc?  If so, then I have two old kits to be put in.  I spoke the the Customer Tech Support guy last Thursday and we spent about an hour on the phone dicussing parts, revisions, etc and there were no changed parts other than the -A head gaskets.  He even pulled all the drawings and revision history and confirmed that there were no pending changes. 

I need to know if there are newer parts out there than I have waiting for me.

I'm thinking the top end kit is a gasket kit, gaskets and o-rings, but I'm not really sure. I don't have a part # for it.

I had not heard anything officially about anything other than the -07A gasket myself either. I don't have anything concrete on this either. More info should be coming soon.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »

if they are using the o-ring head gaskets----------they still havnt learned. cometics seal, period, and dont use o-rings.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:12:52 PM »

This is what I verified last week:
Top end kit same as in 07 Parts book 17458-07, black cylinder, pistons, rings, wrist pin and retaining rings.  If any part in the kit changed, the kit would get a letter added.
The cylinder by itself in black is 17285-07
The head gaskets are 16801-07A

Remember cylinders come in two colors for 07.   2008 has that new silver powder coat finish.

Thanks for all the effort, Chief
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »

This is what I verified last week:
Top end kit same as in 07 Parts book 17458-07, black cylinder, pistons, rings, wrist pin and retaining rings.  If any part in the kit changed, the kit would get a letter added.
The cylinder by itself in black is 17285-07
The head gaskets are 16801-07A

Remember cylinders come in two colors for 07.   2008 has that new silver powder coat finish.

Thanks for all the effort, Chief

I'm sure any confusion, I'm sure it will all get cleared up real soon.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »

Thanks,

That uses the Forged Hi Comp SE pistons and SE head gaskets. I'm not sure what gasket they use for it. These pistons were around a short time for the '07's, before HD abruptly withdrew them. Now they're a full Stage II kit for '08, with no way to remap your ECM. Makes a lotta sense, huh? :nixweiss:

They never cease to amaze me! ::) ;D

BTW, did ya'll see what's new for '08? A 58 mm SE TB! They know these 110's need bigger TB. There shouldn't be a 110" out there now with at least a 50 mm TB, whic is stock on '08's. These things love the flow and run cooler as a result. That's the exact effect we saw testing all that stuff on my bike. Think about it. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

I believe those are the pistons I ended up with but decked 100. I thought the 08's have 50mm tb. :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

I believe those are the pistons I ended up with but decked 100. I thought the 08's have 50mm tb. :nixweiss:

Didn't I say that below? :nixweiss: But the '07's don't and they should. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »

Didn't I say that below? :nixweiss: But the '07's don't and they should. ;)

Hoist! 8)
Sorry my bad. I must have been speed reading, and not catching it all :oops:

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.