Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does it ride ok with 2 FB screaming eagle  (Read 1614 times)

serk

Does it ride ok with 2 FB screaming eagle
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »

Anybody riding with 2 people how well does it ride ?

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
Re: Does it ride ok with 2 FB screaming eagle
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »

Harsh
Love my '05

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »

Wife and I rode to NH last year. 15 hours straight (750miles) threw heavy rain and fully loaded down. Rode fine

engine3

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

I ride 2 up a lot. The ride is fine. I've got a regular fatboy seat for the long trips though, the passenger seat is a little hard for her for long trips, then again, the stock SE seat is a little hard for the driver too.
We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?
The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!
Wrong!
Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
That is good.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45:33 AM »

Thankfully, I ride solo most of the time. But when it is time for my lady to "two up" (or is it "tow up"?) I've a couple of advantages over the stock CVO.

First, my engine upgrades making much more horsepower and torque than prior to the upgrades.  Second, I have the Custom Le Pera which is super comfortable, and makes riding with my girl so much better. Third, the MID Sissy bar is great; detachable and clean looking. Forth, the wheel and tires upgraded.

When I first rode my girl, it was pretty rough; we felt every bump in the road, and the anemic engine heated and heated, straining to much for two people.

Now when I two up, I get a chance to enjoy the arm rests that her knee's provice. Of course, that doesn't improve the level of conversation...nothing on the planet could improve that.

Kona76.

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »

My wife just moans and groans about the add on rear seat.  I have to buy a nice two-up seat in order for her to ride with me.  She told me that over a year ago.  I haven't bought one yet  :P  The kids (one 9 and the other 12) are OK with it.  They just love to ride with dad.  Come to think about it, the wife did too until we had kids.   :D
2006 Autumn Haze FLSTFSE2

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »

The ride def gets a little harsher, but i just do short rides anyway. the occasional long trips are few so the small inconvience is hardly noticed.

Thats exactly how i justified the engine rebuild to my wife kona, i needed the extra HP/TQ to haul the extra weight around. then i got the crap punched out of me....lol. it was sound logic at the time, but it just came out wrong, hehe. i did the engine rebuild and it was money well spent. now i can haul just about anything (DUCK!)...lol. see what i mean.
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 08:36:09 AM »

The ride def gets a little harsher, but i just do short rides anyway. the occasional long trips are few so the small inconvience is hardly noticed.

Thats exactly how i justified the engine rebuild to my wife kona, i needed the extra HP/TQ to haul the extra weight around. then i got the crap punched out of me....lol. it was sound logic at the time, but it just came out wrong, hehe. i did the engine rebuild and it was money well spent. now i can haul just about anything (DUCK!)...lol. see what i mean.

Maybe our ladies went to different schools together, thus the similar commando strike force when sensitive topics are breached. That means we went to "DUCK" School. lol.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 26 queries.