Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Commander Same for stock 95 ci Fat Boy as SE 103?  (Read 4653 times)

Dougherty20

Power Commander Same for stock 95 ci Fat Boy as SE 103?
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:28:23 AM »

Trying to order a Dynojet Power Commander for my 05 SE Fatboy.  Is it the same one that they all advertise for the 01-06 softails?  Didn't know if the 103 ci made any difference.  Assume the plug connectors and mouting hardware are the main thing, and the software download is what would be different.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Power Commander Same for stock 95 ci Fat Boy as SE 103?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:31:43 PM »

Trying to order a Dynojet Power Commander for my 05 SE Fatboy.  Is it the same one that they all advertise for the 01-06 softails?  Didn't know if the 103 ci made any difference.  Assume the plug connectors and mouting hardware are the main thing, and the software download is what would be different.

It's the same one for all the engine sizes (88/95/103).  The map you load will be based on engine size and modifications, but the box itself is the same.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fatty4x4

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »

Yes same PC3 usb. Power Commander part number 805-511.The only "canned map" for your bike is the m805-198, which is for the 103 with the stage 1 a/c and Vance and Hines big radius pipes. On your 05 you will mount under the seat whereas the wide tire 06's mount under the mudflap. If you order through fuelmotousa.com it will come with the preloaded map. You will just need to set the throttle position.Very easy.
 But again, if you have different pipes you might need to have it put on a dyno tuner and have a custom map made.
Easy install.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:54:58 PM by fatty4x4 »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »

I have had a SERT & PCIII on my fatboy & now have gone for the best option available. Nothing compares to the THUNDERMAX AUTOTUNE!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Dougherty20

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »

Yes same PC3 usb. Power Commander part number 805-511.The only "canned map" for your bike is the m805-198, which is for the 103 with the stage 1 a/c and Vance and Hines big radius pipes. On your 05 you will mount under the seat whereas the wide tire 06's mount under the mudflap. If you order through fuelmotousa.com it will come with the preloaded map. You will just need to set the throttle position.Very easy.
 But again, if you have different pipes you might need to have it put on a dyno tuner and have a custom map made.
Easy install.

Thanks GRC and Fatty!  Do you really need to hire a tuner, or do you think installing the power commander with the 805-511 is good enough?  It's not like I'm going to be racing............... :D

Also, I'm assuming I have the stock screaming eagle air filter?  Cover is the stock one, and the filter is a white round synthetic filter.............

fatty4x4

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

The "canned map"m805-198 works great IF you have the Vance and Hines BigRadius pipes with your filter/air intake. If you have different exhaust you might be further ahead going with the AutoTuner as Aussie suggested.
What is your exhaust Dougherty20?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »

Thanks GRC and Fatty!  Do you really need to hire a tuner, or do you think installing the power commander with the 805-511 is good enough?  It's not like I'm going to be racing............... :D

Also, I'm assuming I have the stock screaming eagle air filter?  Cover is the stock one, and the filter is a white round synthetic filter.............

I would suggest going ahead and having it tuned, assuming you have a competent tuner available.  Even if you aren't looking for maximum performance, a good advanced tune (each cylinder tuned separately) will do good things for drivability and smoothness. 

The white round filter is the SE washable filter that came with the latest version of the SE air cleaner.  Many/most of us who had one found that they tended to fall apart, especially if any oil got on either the filter material or the rubber end seals.  You will probably want to replace that POS with a K&N oiled filter, # HD-0800.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dougherty20

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »

The "canned map"m805-198 works great IF you have the Vance and Hines BigRadius pipes with your filter/air intake. If you have different exhaust you might be further ahead going with the AutoTuner as Aussie suggested.
What is your exhaust Dougherty20?

I have the python 2 into 1 exhaust.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.