Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 SERK Mustache Engine Guard  (Read 822 times)

freshkeg

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
2008 SERK Mustache Engine Guard
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:01:29 AM »

Has anyone thought of removing the foot rests on the engine guard? I'm wondering if they are glued on and if the bar underneath is round. My idea is to install the Harley engine guard fog lights where the foot rests were. Thanks for your input. I'm new to the forum, and find it to be very informative.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2008 SERK Mustache Engine Guard
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:18 AM »

Has anyone thought of removing the foot rests on the engine guard? I'm wondering if they are glued on and if the bar underneath is round. My idea is to install the Harley engine guard fog lights where the foot rests were. Thanks for your input. I'm new to the forum, and find it to be very informative.

I have a friend with an 07 SERK and his fell off while driving down the interstate the first week he had his bike. He was told they were supposed to have been glued on at the factory.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 2008 SERK Mustache Engine Guard
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 11:23:33 AM »

I think that removing the footrest on the engine guard would take away from the aesthetics of the SERK - the footrest matches the rest of the Ironside Collection parts. You would be better off adding the custom passing lamps for better oncoming traffic visability and better rider night vision to compliment the HID headlight. Hey, if you decide to remove the footrest I would be interested if taking them off your hands...let me know.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.