Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: RoadTech HA90/MP3 - Blowing fuses  (Read 2786 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: RoadTech HA90/MP3 - Blowing fuses
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 11:36:35 PM »

Well.  I tried everything.  Changed from pin 19 to 11 on the ground, three way, two way, nothing worked.  

Had the gun out, pointed at the temple, finishing the last swallow of my beer, and I think, hey, you took that module off the handle bar, but did  you really look hard at how those wires were positioned?  Another beer sitting on the bench called to me and said, for god sake man, at least give it a look!

No fu%($ng S*it.  The wires going into the back were twisted and I missed it.  Both times I looked at it, it looked fine, with a nice little dab of silicone and everything.  Let me tell you, That's a waste of good silicone, but that's another story.

At any rate, some adjusting behind the module and I couldn't make the fuse blow.  I abused it like a rented mule.  Pulled the SD chip in and out while it was playing.  Nothing will make it blow now.  

I'm gonna test it for a while before I seal the connections, but I think it's isolatd to the wiring going into the MP3 Player.  

So I'm gonna celebrate with that last beer in the hot tub and call it a night and hope this damn thing works tomorrow.

I'll save the bullet for a crotch rocket.

JRW

JRW

Congrats man.  That's the kind of stuff that can drive you nucking futs.  Good catch!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.