Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Comes Through!  (Read 1511 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Corbin Comes Through!
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »

I'm waiting for my Heated Corbin Flame-Stitched Dual Touring Saddle to arrive for my SERK 3. I didn't want to use the Corbin Oval Passenger Backrest Pad. I had ordered the HD Passenger Sissybar pad for a RK Custom. Thought that would look decent, and it would match my windshield bag. For travelling, I use a HD SAC T-Bag type bag, that slips over the Passenger Backrest Pad, and sits on my removable luggage rack. Well, it turns out that there is only one Passenger Backrest Pad that the bag will fit over. That's the RK Standard Black-Studded Pad they've made since '94. That's the one I've been using sine then. Didn't want to spend the $$$ to buy a new bag. I've had this one since '02, and it's still in good shape.

I contacted Corbin and told them of my dilemma. The Standard RK Pad would look silly with the Flame-Stitched Corbin Saddle. They are taking my Standard RK Passenger Backrest Pad and recovering it with the matching Black Leather with the Flame-Stitching, to match the seat for me. Cost was $114 with freight. A little pricey, but cheaper than any other option I had. And it should match perfectly, and look great this way.

Thought I'd let ya'll know that they would match some existing seat accessories to your Corbin seat, even though it's not a Corbin Product. I'll get some pics when both items arrive. Seat should be here soon. I'm sending the RK Backrest Pad to them on Mon. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Corbin Comes Through!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Congrats Howie, enjoy the new seat then when it is back running the way you want, it will sit better to. :bananarock:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:07:28 PM »

I'm waiting for my Heated Corbin Flame-Stitched Dual Touring Saddle to arrive for my SERK 3. I didn't want to use the Corbin Oval Passenger Backrest Pad. I had ordered the HD Passenger Sissybar pad for a RK Custom. Thought that would look decent, and it would match my windshield bag. For travelling, I use a HD SAC T-Bag type bag, that slips over the Passenger Backrest Pad, and sits on my removable luggage rack. Well, it turns out that there is only one Passenger Backrest Pad that the bag will fit over. That's the RK Standard Black-Studded Pad they've made since '94. That's the one I've been using sine then. Didn't want to spend the $$$ to buy a new bag. I've had this one since '02, and it's still in good shape.

I contacted Corbin and told them of my dilemma. The Standard RK Pad would look silly with the Flame-Stitched Corbin Saddle. They are taking my Standard RK Passenger Backrest Pad and recovering it with the matching Black Leather with the Flame-Stitching, to match the seat for me. Cost was $114 with freight. A little pricey, but cheaper than any other option I had. And it should match perfectly, and look great this way.

Thought I'd let ya'll know that they would match some existing seat accessories to your Corbin seat, even though it's not a Corbin Product. I'll get some pics when both items arrive. Seat should be here soon. I'm sending the RK Backrest Pad to them on Mon. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

When I bought the first Road King, I had two SAC bags for the Deuce with a small backrest.  I was going to buy new ones, but discovered on the Fullsac web site that SAC will change the backrest pocket for free anytime.  I sent both bags and they returned with both size backrest pockets, upgraded the straps and shipped for free.  That's a company I'll recommend.
Glad to here you are making progress.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:30:16 AM »

Congrats,  I just hooked up the heat on mine this weekend , best seat I've ever had.  My daughter likes it a LOT
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

Hoist! 8)
Howie,

Are you sure that Corbin makes a seat with flames that will fit your bike?? Yesterday, Corbin's technical support advised me , that the only seat that fits the serk3 is the 07 RK CVO seat which  has the ostrich hide stripe down the middle.  Short history of my seat (07 black ice serk). I had received my Corbin seat a few months ago and wasn't satisfied with the fit so finally I called them.  My seat has the  flame stitching that I think you are referring to as well as the same stitching on the backrest.  Seat was advertised by Corbin as being for RK at the time I bought it but  Corbin said it would fit the serk3. (By the way I have the SAC bag and when I got it they included the various size backrest covers so mine will fit just about anything). Anyway come to find out, per  Corbin they made a mistake. The Corbin seat for the RK  rests on the dash of the serk leaving a gap on each side. Corbin advised me yesterday that they had made a mistake and that the only seat that would fit our bikes is the RK CVO seat and that you could not get flames on it. Thus my dilemma as I do not like the ostrich stripe that comes on the 07 RK CVO seat from Corbin. It does not match, in my opinion, anything on my bike. Corbin said they would immediately start building me another seat and replace the one I have but not sure what I will end up doing. Thought about trying to tie in the blue pinstripes from my bike (black ice serk3) with the welts. Even thought about changing that ostrich stripe to a blue but thought that may be to much.  Any thoughts? Also knowing that you will call to check this out ;D, let me know what they tell you. I am supposed to call them back this morning regarding what I want them to build. jj

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

Howie,

Are you sure that Corbin makes a seat with flames that will fit your bike?? Yesterday, Corbin's technical support advised me , that the only seat that fits the serk3 is the 07 RK CVO seat which  has the ostrich hide stripe down the middle.  Short history of my seat (07 black ice serk). I had received my Corbin seat a few months ago and wasn't satisfied with the fit so finally I called them.  My seat has the  flame stitching that I think you are referring to as well as the same stitching on the backrest.  Seat was advertised by Corbin as being for RK at the time I bought it but  Corbin said it would fit the serk3. (By the way I have the SAC bag and when I got it they included the various size backrest covers so mine will fit just about anything). Anyway come to find out, per  Corbin they made a mistake. The Corbin seat for the RK  rests on the dash of the serk leaving a gap on each side. Corbin advised me yesterday that they had made a mistake and that the only seat that would fit our bikes is the RK CVO seat and that you could not get flames on it. Thus my dilemma as I do not like the ostrich stripe that comes on the 07 RK CVO seat from Corbin. It does not match, in my opinion, anything on my bike. Corbin said they would immediately start building me another seat and replace the one I have but not sure what I will end up doing. Thought about trying to tie in the blue pinstripes from my bike (black ice serk3) with the welts. Even thought about changing that ostrich stripe to a blue but thought that may be to much.  Any thoughts? Also knowing that you will call to check this out ;D, let me know what they tell you. I am supposed to call them back this morning regarding what I want them to build. jj

Hey jj! When I called them, they implied they'd make the SERK3 seat with a flame stitched pattern insted of using the Ostrich design. I assumed it would be the same seat with a different cover. I guess I'll find out when I get it. I use a regular RK seat right now, so a little gap won't bother me (within reason). But if they have the basic seat design for our bike, the type cover shouldn't matter for them. I hope it fits well enough. I'll let you know when I get it. Should be here in a week or two. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »

Hey jj! When I called them, they implied they'd make the SERK3 seat with a flame stitched pattern insted of using the Ostrich design. I assumed it would be the same seat with a different cover. I guess I'll find out when I get it. I use a regular RK seat right now, so a little gap won't bother me (within reason). But if they have the basic seat design for our bike, the type cover shouldn't matter for them. I hope it fits well enough. I'll let you know when I get it. Should be here in a week or two. ;)

Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I will give them another call as I was very specific in asking them if they could do the flames on the RK CVO seat like they had on the Corbin RK seat they had originally sold me for my serk3 and was told no.  It never ends!  ;D  JJ

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »

At least they refunded me some money in lieu of not getting the seat ready for shippment last month.  $200 off for a sore a$$ roundtrip ride to Dtona Saturday.  It is allegedly it is getting fitted this week, so we will see when it gets delivered.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »

Jenny's going to check with Corbin today to see what they're building for me. I don't think it matters much. A standard RK seat fits the SERK. I don't know why they need a SERK specific seat anyway, if it doesn't match the stock seat/saddlebag look. I'll let ya'll know what she comes back with ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »

I just spoke to Jenny and she confirmed the seat will ship in a week, and that it's supposed to be a SERK seat. Not sure I believe that based on what jj has previously posted. But all RK seats fit this bike. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I understand people object to a gap between the seat and tank. If the seat fits the bike, and is comfortable, I'm not too concerned about a little gap. We'll see what it looks like when I get it, and I'll put some pics up too. I try not to get too anal about cosmetics. I get anal enough on the performance stuff, to have to worry too much about cosmetics! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.