Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DRAGON RIDE  (Read 1276 times)

charlie

DRAGON RIDE
« on: October 08, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

I met my brother at the dragon yesterday it was something I wanted to do and never do again ,the crotch rockets that kept on my ass the hole time were about the most ignorant riders I have ever seen, all in all it's a hell of a road.

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
Re: DRAGON RIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

We rode it a couple moths ago. Went on a Tuesday morning. Not much traffic made it a fun ride both ways. The croch rockets take the joy out of riding it. Local rider was told by a state patrol that speed bumps are being put on the dragon this fall. We will more than likely never go back and ride it again.
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »

We rode it a couple moths ago. Went on a Tuesday morning. Not much traffic made it a fun ride both ways. The croch rockets take the joy out of riding it. Local rider was told by a state patrol that speed bumps are being put on the dragon this fall. We will more than likely never go back and ride it again.

Speed bumps?  On US 129?  Not in any Federal highway or guideline study I've ever read would such a thing be even considered. 

Deterrent propoganda on the part of a well intentioned officer perhaps.  Traffic hazards in the middle of a Federal road are not something I'd be too concerned about.  Can only imagine the size of the judgement against the Federal and State gov'ts the first time some little Miata or a bike actually goes the speed limit and then loses it after boinking a speed bump.  Then again, maybe the speed bumps would only be the enclosures for the cable arrestors?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »

Speed bumps?  On US 129?  Not in any Federal highway or guideline study I've ever read would such a thing be even considered. 

Deterrent propoganda on the part of a well intentioned officer perhaps.  Traffic hazards in the middle of a Federal road are not something I'd be too concerned about.  Can only imagine the size of the judgement against the Federal and State gov'ts the first time some little Miata or a bike actually goes the speed limit and then loses it after boinking a speed bump.  Then again, maybe the speed bumps would only be the enclosures for the cable arrestors?
Boy, you take a bad idea and embellish on it in a jiffy.  :nervous: har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

If you think speed bumps and cable arrestors are bad, there's a rumor going around that the THP SWAT team snipers are next!

:rifle:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

svtxtreme

• Lovin Life
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:03 AM »

The THP has been in force up there for while now. There are people really trying to give them a bad name as well as saying they are doing a good thing. I think a few people have gave the TOD a bad name. For now we will just have to deal with the increase in THP.

http://tailofthedragon.com/

Jeff

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 26 queries.