Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics  (Read 1032 times)

rileyodoms

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Traxxion Dynamics
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

This is the first time I have heard of Traxxion. I went on there website but need more info. Can these guys lower the front end of an 04 FLHTCSE? if so how much? I looked into lowering the front end but found out you can't just swap out springs (poor design). I have a 30" inseam and would feel alot more comfortable getting the front lowered. Already had some seat work done so it dosent hold my legs out so far and it did help just not enough. Thats why I'm looking into the progressive airtail ais but maybe with more info about traxxion i wont have to.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Traxxion Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »

This is the first time I have heard of Traxxion. I went on there website but need more info. Can these guys lower the front end of an 04 FLHTCSE? if so how much? I looked into lowering the front end but found out you can't just swap out springs (poor design). I have a 30" inseam and would feel alot more comfortable getting the front lowered. Already had some seat work done so it dosent hold my legs out so far and it did help just not enough. Thats why I'm looking into the progressive airtail ais but maybe with more info about traxxion i wont have to.

Relative to a "stock" setting your 04 SEEG is already lowered.  Traxxion does what they do such that what you're asking should be possible.  Lower the bike any more and you'll be creating a two wheeled rolling bench grinder though.  Foorboard brackets and kickstands get "polished" pretty often at the standard SEEG's height to begin with.

I'm only a 30" inseam also and don't have the problem you describe.  Initial reaction would be to suggest against lowering the bike any further (for a few reasons).  If height for mount and dismount are a real problem something like the Legends or Progressive air shock systems might be a far better alternative.  You could lower the bike for mount and dismount and get it back up where it ought to be for riding.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »

To add w/what Don said you may want to be aware of this thread - front fender contact. As it is w/the SEEG there is a risk of the front fender contacting the lowers in its stock setup from bottoming out on extreme turns. I think you'd only run more risk if you lower the front. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »

I called Traxxion and they indicated they can make the AK-20 to your desired length. I was looking at 1 1" drop from stock for my FLHX which already has shorter shocks.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

rileyodoms

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

Thanks for the help.  I am probably going to lower the rear with the Progressive AIS.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.