Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heads Up 09 SERG Owners  (Read 1778 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Heads Up 09 SERG Owners
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »

I have been told by several sources, that the 08 and prior SERTs are not compatable with the 09 SERG. Not absolutely sure and I don't know what this means, but wanted to bring this to your attention before you buy an 08 SERT like I did....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28062.0
The impossible just takes a little longer

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Heads Up 09 SERG Owners
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »

Thanks for the info

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04:50 PM »

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »

Can anyone cofirm or deny what my dealer is telling me ???  Any help is appreciated....

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:27:04 AM »

I have been told by several sources, that the 08 and prior SERTs are not compatable with the 09 SERG. Not absolutely sure and I don't know what this means, but wanted to bring this to your attention before you buy an 08 SERT like I did....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28062.0

This is a true and false statement.  The Super SERT box is exactly the same for the '08 & '09's.  What you pay $400 for.  The tuner software is what changed.  They went to version 2.x from version 1.x.  What is probably confusing your sources is that although the application has a software update feature built in it will not download the info for the '09's like it did for previous model years.  To get the details for the '09's you have to buy version 2.x from moco.  The software retails for $24.95.  Here's the part number: 32111-09. 

A note here is that moco did change form the SERT to the Super SERT in 2006/07.  The previous SERT's are not available any longer and will not work with the new bikes that have O2 sensors.  Shouldn't be a big deal though.  The people who bought the old ones are fine.  They marry to the bike they are used on and work without a problem.   

FWIW, One of the local Chicago dealers gave me the same line of BS.  They didn't even have the part number.  They told me moco doesn't sell the software any longer and it does not come with the Super SERT.  Total BS.  They basically try to get you on their dyno and then they do the tune.  If you want to tweak it you have to go back to them and pay again.  If you don't have the software you cannot apply a changed map to your bike. 

Guess who I'm not using for maintenance any longer  :soapbox:

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

I thought I'd practice what I preach, so I dusted off my Super SERT and interfaced it with the bike today.  I had a bit of a cable issue, but all works fine with the 09's.  Here's a list of the parts you will need if you want to tweak your own ride:

32109-08A - Super SERT Race Tuner
32111-09 - Version 2 of the tuner software
32184-08 - Cable Kit for SE Pro Super Tuner

FYI, the ECM connection cable is under the left side panel of the bike.  All you need to do is load the stock basemap that is closest to your configuration.  If you haven't changed the pistons, throttle body, injectors, etc., then you would use the map called 205UJ003-000.dt0.  This one is basically a stock 110 bike with Race Exhaust and Stage 1 air cleaner (e.g. one that comes with the CVO or Heavy Breather). 

I loaded this map today and ran the bike through the track tests.  I have had zero issues with it.  This is something that most could do on your own if you don't have ready access to a Dyno. 

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »

Glad it worked out Jim,

Hope mine goes as well.
My tuner is a pretty new purchase, production date on the box 03/20/08. But, it is not the A model. That may be a problem for me, still looking into it. The version 2 software upgrade may or may not work with mine.

Appreciate the time you spend, posting your results!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.