Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rinehart TD's on '08 SERK  (Read 3366 times)

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
Re: Rinehart TD's on '08 SERK
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 04:08:29 PM »

Is everyone using the front heat shield with their Rinehart TD's?

Just noticed the FAT Book/drag specialties calls for it on all SE's with the RTD's

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »

just want to say that i love my RHTD system,,,  only problem i had was that the support bracket broke off and they were very happy to send me the new pipe with parts to mount and clamp it,,  gotta say they are great to work with and the exhaust is the best,,,,

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

ride an 07 110 ultra.   RH TD, big sucker and power commander.  101 hp and hold on torque.   the key is to dyno the bike with someone who knows what they are doing.   would suggest the quieter muffler package (did i say that!)  I get complaints from the folks behind me that 'it hurts' when I air it out. 
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »

Just got my SE4 in black and silver last week with reinhart TD, SE breather and SERT (All done before I left the dealer).   :2vrolijk_09:
They didn't change the A/C, said I don't need to change it.  It runs good for a tight engeen (300 miles) except with occasional back fire (mild).  But I did noticed that going up the ramp in a parking lot,  it didn't have the tQ that my old 05 FLHRCI has.  Talked to service manager and he said they will re-tune it at first service.  Upper rpm is great, going 80 m/h at 3000 rpm.  The bike runs a lot better if I keep the rpm over 2000. 

I love the sound and the look of RTD.

What I don't understand that what map they put on it?  HD has no maps for RTD or 2008 bikes for that matter.  and I know the dealer is not buying maps.
 By the way, HD has lost it's contract with SERT software company and once they sell what they have, they would need another softeware.

The good news is the SERT developer is going to market a new version for HD with a lot of new options (I hope an upload option from bikes module) and they will offer firmware upgrade for older SERTs, but we have to send the module back to them for upgrade.   :2vrolijk_21:

Hunter
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »

Has anyone tried this sites maps:

http://www.harley-davidson-forum.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=161

They have a map for SE4 with RH TD and SE breather.  I'm thinking about spending the $50 on the map.
I've ordered the cable set for SERT and have the software and I know how to download the map without
dyno guy at dealer noticing the change (to prevent future warranty :deal2: issues).
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

ggraham45

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »

i had the rhtd put on at 865miles.the bike runs awsome pulls hard in all gears .noticeable difference over stock.also had the se heavy breather installed along with pc111.

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »

Well my bike ('08 SERK black/silver) is still not here  >:( 
I had to buy it from a dealership 240 miles from home as local dealer couldn't get one.  Dealer says it should be here late May or early June . . .

Here is my problem tho . . . I already bought the Rinehart TD's (ebay) and I was hoping to have them installed along with the high flow "K&N" A/C and SERT berfore I roll it off the showroom floor.  I was intending to have dealer download a "canned" map (as some have posted here) to avoid the stress of dyno-ing the motor before it's broke in.  Either the dealer or I am confused???  He says the only way to build a map is on the dyno, and that downloads are only for street legal mods, like SE slip ons or street legal big bore kits.  I have read alot of threads here in this forum and thought I was beginning to understand, but after talking with the dealer I'm begining to wonder!!

Now what??

HELP!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:16:08 PM by brewnut56 »

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

You can run it on a canned map that best matches your mods. Get it Dyno'd at 800-1000 miles. I usually get my bikes done at about 600+ miles. If you break them in right, everything should be seated in good by then.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »

I guess that's my question . . . and what I or this HD dealer don't understand . . . .

What's the difference between the HD Stage I download, and a "canned" map, or are they one and the same??  If they are two different things where do I get a "canned" map?

I currently ride a '07 Street Bob w/Rinehart staggered duals, a Hi-Flow K&N A/C and the HD Stage I download . . . no SERT and no dyno and it runs great, but from what I've been reading on this forum . . . . common consensus is . . . .  don't do it that way?????

One thing is for sure . . . with all the problems some people are having with the 110's, I damn sure don't want my new SERK running lean!

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »

My Maxine loves hers!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.