Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Next Installation: 2 new items...  (Read 3303 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Next Installation: 2 new items...
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:58:53 PM »

Although I have not received my repaired SE FatBoy yet, I have the next installations prepared. In fact, I plan to take the new mods up with me when I get my ride (hopefully) Friday, the 12th of October.

First is the Screamin' Eagle Pro Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit. I have always wanted to do this type of upgrade to my bikes. I have the 51" Throttle Body by Horsepower Inc already, and this seems like a natural upgrade. I think the only "Tuner" I trust (and know personally) is in Hayward, CA. I will install it there and have it tuned directly afterword.

Second is the Screamin' Eagle custom shift linkage. Should be an easy install according to the previous buyers.

Pictures out of the box before installation coming up in a hour or so.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:48:55 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: Next Installation: 2 new items...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »

Have you all seen the Screamin' Eagle Shift Linkage?
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

Have you all seen the Screamin' Eagle Shift Linkage?

No! But thanks to YOU I have now. I like it want one! I suppose it will be eaiser if you give me the part#

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »

No! But thanks to YOU I have now. I like it want one! I suppose it will be eaiser if you give me the part#

Cheers
Aussie
I believe you'll find what you're looking for here - SS Screamin eagle shift linkages SECOND BATCH orders.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 04:21:24 AM »

I believe you'll find what you're looking for here - SS Screamin eagle shift linkages SECOND BATCH orders.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks d00d,

They are a great looking shifter rod & I have contacted puzzled!

I dont seem to have enough time to check the other threads, its hard enough to find time to check the Fat Boy section!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »

Aussie,

Just to make this a level playin' field, I am getting the Screamin' Eagle Pro Heavy Breather Intake , Thanks to you !!

All's fair my friend.

Oh yeah, got my ride back yesterday. Total repair costs @ 1600.00 Plus hotels, food etc.... Grand total coming soon.

Cheers to ya,

Kona 76
Mike K.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »

Aussie,

Just to make this a level playin' field, I am getting the Screamin' Eagle Pro Heavy Breather Intake , Thanks to you !!

All's fair my friend.

Oh yeah, got my ride back yesterday. Total repair costs @ 1600.00 Plus hotels, food etc.... Grand total coming soon.

Cheers to ya,

Kona 76
Mike K.

Did you also get the rain cover for the heavy breather?

That repair bill sucks! Do they guarantee the repairs? Was the cause of the damage push rod failure? What brand of push rods did you replace them with? I not sure but from memory at 85mph when your problem started you would not have been running at any more than 4000rpm. Had you just given it a bit of a beating prior to the failure?

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:16:50 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »

Did you also get the rain cover for the heavy breather?

That repair bill sucks! Do they guarantee the repairs? Was the cause of the damage push rod failure? What brand of push rods did you replace them with? I not sure but from memory at 85mph when your problem started you would not have been running at any more than 4000rpm. Had you just given it a bit of a beating prior to the failure?

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

One rain cover came with the kit, I purchased a second one for a backup.

I couldn't tell you about a warranty for the repairs. I know parts carried a 30 day, but labor and any additional costs were not covered on a non-stock or upgraded engine like most of ours are. They replaced mostly stock items that carried Screamin' Eagle brand part numbers, that is stock for a 103".

I think the only non stock item was a roller rocker arm that was Screamin Eagle aftermarket.

As for riding hard prior to the breakdown, there are guys who could maximize the cams and other upgrades and really push the limits of this bike. That's not me, really. I am semi-conservative in comparison. I average 75 - 85 mph with top speed of around 100 mph. Not too much faster than that, really.

Prior to the breakdown, I was in the town of Soledad, well known for a state prison there, and just got gas, bailed out as reasonable fast as possible. I don't like prison towns too much, Ya know? Been there, done that

So, I was doing maybe 75 -80 mph effortlessly and with no warning signs of problems. I check each startup for basic signs of any possible problems, only because I was getting on the freeway and knew I was going to play a little hard. I take it above 4500rpms quite often as that is when the cam really kicks in. I can't resist I tell you. But by no means did I push the redline, in fact no where near that.

The repair bill was way expensive, and took a long time to finish considering what was done. I will look further into
the repair bill and parts used when I bring it to my tuner here while I am here in Northern California. Then it's home to LA, CA.

I am grateful just to have my ride back with me, I'm tellin' you.

Happy and Broke in Nor Cal,

Kona76
Mike K.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »

Installed and Pictured here are the SE Linkage and the Heavy Breather Intake. Sorry my camera was off duty for any quality photos at this time. Pix are from a LG EnV Cell phone.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:35:58 AM by kona76 »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:44 AM »

Front shot of new intake.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »

Here's a shot of the linkage. Believe me, the photo does not do justice to the fine workmanship of this custom linkage.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 05:58:46 PM »

Here's a shot of the linkage. Believe me, the photo does not do justice to the fine workmanship of this custom linkage.

Lookin mighty fine there Mike, I can't wait to get mine. I also ordered some Screamin Eagle "Orange" touch up paint & I will have go at painting inside the letters.

Cheers
Aussie

PS: The heavy breathers looks tuff too!
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 04:58:07 AM »

Kona,

I got mine on but have not attempted to do the orange paint yet!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 05:00:48 AM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 12:37:17 AM »

Aussie,

This is such fine workmanship and top notch originality.  I think this single i tem is one of the most strikingly different add on's that one can add. I still haven't painted mine yet, as I am sitll working out the kinks on my SEFatBoy.

Mike K.
Kona76
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:43:23 AM by kona76 »

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.