Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does any know about these SE Performance Heads?  (Read 5203 times)

deputydawg

Does any know about these SE Performance Heads?
« on: December 02, 2007, 02:38:57 AM »

I am looking to put upgraded heads on my 2001 TC 95" S&S cylinder/piston(9.7:1) , Andrews37G cam build. I was wondering if anyone has used or knows about these heads:
16952-08 SCREAMIN' EAGLE PRO TWIN CAM PERFORMANCE CYLINDER HEADS

I cannot find out much about them except for the standard ad info, like valve lift and other parts needed,the same info is on all different the Harley and aftermarket seller websites.

What I want to know is the valve sizes, are they ported as compared to stock, do they raise the compression, and most importantly.. ARE THEY ANY GOOD?! These are not to be confused with the SE HTCC heads, for my application, they are not right according to what I can find out.
Thanks everybody, you helped me out with the last question, and I do appreciate it. Ride on!, Mark :coolblue:
It's OK, we're just trying to have fun!

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
Re: Does any know about these SE Performance Heads?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:15:53 AM »

1.9 intake...1.62 exhaust...around 78cc chamber...they are ported and flow better than stock...they work ok...they'll raise compression compared to stock heads that are usually around 85 cc...have used them in the past and got ok results...currently running ported stock heads on both my bikes...
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

deputydawg

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:45:34 AM »

Wow! first real valve size info I have heard. After doing further research, I see there two different combustion chamber sizes for these types. There are ones with the part # ending in 06 that are 72cc and ones ending in 08 that are 76cc. I am trying to keep my CR under 9.7:1 so I guess the bigger cc rating is the way to go. Any ideas?  Thanks, Mark

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »

I ran the 72cc ones on my 95 with flat tops and tw31G and got very respectable numbers.

With mine I was running 10:1 compression so I went with the  31 has the same lift but different timing and handles the compression .

Andrews and Steve at GMR suggested the 31.  With SE slip-ons I ran 98.13/100.66 , I later switched to V&H pro-pipe HS and picked up about 5 more.  Andrews now makes a 32G which is a .570 lift version of the 31 and will work with those heads.  Per Andrews about a 20% power increase across the band.

I'm running a stage II 103 FLHX now with flat tops , and have talked with Mike at Latus and he felt those heads would still be a good match for a torque biased build.

Of course , as always having heads ported to your specific build is preffered.

Zanotti's had a very good price on the ones I got.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »

even though harley has advertised those heads at 72 and 76cc, most peolpe that have measured them report them to be 78cc...with flattop pistons, .040" head gaskets, 0 deck height and 78cc heads you'll have 9.86 compression...a little high for 37 cams...could be done but tuning will be crucial...a couple of other concerns...sometimes the valve reliefs have to be enlarged with SE performance heads...and if you use the -08 heads on your '01 bike, you'll need '06 and later intake flanges
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

deputydawg

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »

Thanks skyhook, "Homey, ya dun' me good!" You  addressed my exact situation and gave me some very useful info. Looks like my best course of action MAY be to  use stock heads that have been ported and have slightly bigger valves put in, not having the heads shaved, using at least a .050 gasket in while mainaining the chamber volume size to keep from raising the CR. Andrews specifies a CR no higher than 9.5:1 for the 37g, so I am already pushing it using the S&Spistons that are 9.7:1. Hmmm.... What to do? At least I feel that I am closing in the right solution. Thanks to everyone that has responded, I really appreciate it.  Any more input would greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.... Ride on! Mark :coolblue:

deputydawg

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »

I am being told by a head builder that the .050 gasket is not going to work due to the "quish" factor.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.