Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear Turn Signals to Brake Lights Converter  (Read 1170 times)

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Rear Turn Signals to Brake Lights Converter
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:52:40 PM »

For the '06 and older bikes there was a kit out from HD that converted the rear turn signals to brake lights also (came with red lenses also).  When moved to an '07 or newer bike these little converters have been believed to be bad.  Well that ain't the case.  HD in their infinite wisdom changed the wiring.  The ground use to be on pin 4 of the connector and they moved it to pin 5 in 2007.  The relays in the converter therefore have no ground to operate on and when installed on a newer bike results in no turn signals on the rear.

This can be fixed easily by splicing the wire that is in pin 5 of the connector to the wire in pin 4 (pin 4 is no longer used on the '07 bikes), or cutting splicing it over, or moving the pins themselves, however you'd like.  But it must be done on both sides of the converter to work.  On the converter connectors, pin 4 is a black wire and pin 5 is the black/white wire.

I know I'm not explaining this very well so ask me questions, I'll do my best to answer.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Rear Turn Signals to Brake Lights Converter
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »

Ok, I put this on my 08 SEUC and it works fine...I think.  Now I have to go home and check it.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »

Ok, I put this on my 08 SEUC and it works fine...I think.  Now I have to go home and check it.

There was another one out that did turn signals and running lights, not sure if that has the same issue or not.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »

There was another one out that did turn signals and running lights, not sure if that has the same issue or not.

I don't think I have an problem, but will check it just the same.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.