Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHRSE3 Whining Problem? -> Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit available  (Read 4888 times)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316

If anyone is interested: I have just ordered the Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit, part # 40287-07. This is the 2008 system, which can be retrofit on most 2007 Touring bikes. The kit costs $ 305.00 and installing it should not be very expensive.

Ride safe,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

ad2

• Full CVO Member

I have several noises, not sure whining is one of them. What does this kit accomplish?
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

I have several noises, not sure whining is one of them. What does this kit accomplish?

Biggest "accomplishment" for this kit that I can see is the transfer of $300 from the rider to the MoCo, which in turn reduces the thickness of the wallet.  A thinner wallet results in a more comfortable ride and fewer back problems.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

Biggest "accomplishment" for this kit that I can see is the transfer of $300 from the rider to the MoCo, which in turn reduces the thickness of the wallet.  A thinner wallet results in a more comfortable ride and fewer back problems.

Jerry

Jerry

Don't hold back!
Tell us how you really feel!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser

It's supposed to help in the lower RPM with the jerkyness some people where experencing on the 07's.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010

It's supposed to help in the lower RPM with the jerkyness some people where experencing on the 07's.

If it is indeed the case, the MOCO should have a "good will" policy to those with 07's that complain. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

If it is indeed the case, the MOCO should have a "good will" policy to those with 07's that complain. 

EXACTLY!  This "accessory" came about as a response to the complaints H-D received on the '07 models with the new primary, compensator, and trans designs.  When someone originally posted about this "new" accessory right after the dealer show, I remember replying that H-D had just dusted off and "borrowed" the idea from every Japanese motorcycle I'd ever owned going back to the '60's, and that it was typical Harley to charge you $300 for something that should have been part of the original design.  If this is going to be their answer for the issues on the '07s then Boatman is right, they should offer it up free of charge to those with legitimate complaints.  I don't believe I'm the only one who is getting tired of paying to fix the MoCo's p-poor engineering and quality issues. :soapbox:

Jerry  
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

EXACTLY!  This "accessory" came about as a response to the complaints H-D received on the '07 models with the new primary, compensator, and trans designs.  When someone originally posted about this "new" accessory right after the dealer show, I remember replying that H-D had just dusted off and "borrowed" the idea from every Japanese motorcycle I'd ever owned going back to the '60's, and that it was typical Harley to charge you $300 for something that should have been part of the original design.  If this is going to be their answer for the issues on the '07s then Boatman is right, they should offer it up free of charge to those with legitimate complaints.  I don't believe I'm the only one who is getting tired of paying to fix the MoCo's p-poor engineering and quality issues. :soapbox:

Jerry  

And don't forget the 50 mm TB's that belong on these engines. The '08's have it now. The '07's need them. Will they replace that for free for you guys too? ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ljolivia

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: FLHRSE3 Whining Problem? -> Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit available
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »

Does anybody out there have an '08 (Ultra) with the IDS that making a lot noise noise when manuvering ay low speeds...??
Dealer has looked at this 3 times with no prognosis...I think that there is too much free play between the drive pulley and the rear wheel. Too much free play making the rest of the drive line resonate at very low speeds with partical chutch application....first heard it as chain slap in the primary....

Anybody out there with similar experience....???

Thanks,
Larry

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »

Good points- The MoCo response to fix the whine is rubber. They love to use rubber to compensate on everything. I'm not saying they're alway's wrong-just fix it as cheap as possible. Many dealers are discounting this part and there is a labor promotion on this I believe until the end of January. So yes, they know there is a flaw in their design. I need to look into this a little deeper, but my lead tech was telling me NOT to install this on my bike because of some possible long term failure with the new product. He went to a class in Milwaukee on this and I will find out the peticular's on this- so hold off for now if you're thinking about this. Will re-post soon. And yes, this is a pretty pi$$ poor way for the MoCoto cover up their design- make us pay for a part that may not even last!!!  Chris

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »

Way to go Pits...(LOL) I just had the IDS installed on my CUSE2 today. Labor was a total of $14. The Elbow Grease program picked up the first $100. I got the system from Jenni at Benji's for 20% off and no tax. What an unbelievable change this mod does for the bike. Mo Co has us pretty well pegged, we piss and moan about the poor quality and then we settle down and ante up for the mod.

Don S

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

Jerry

:ROFLOL:

Definition of P & A gizmo for certain!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 25 queries.