Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highway Pegs  (Read 1562 times)

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
Highway Pegs
« on: October 25, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »

When I purchased my new SE Ultra the highway pegs were not on and the dealer was going to charge me for ordering them I showed them the website that distinctly shows the pegs already on and I called a few other dealers to verify that the SE ultras they recieved had the pegs. It has been almost two months and supposedly they are still on backorder,but the new bikes keep selivering with the pegs on. I know this is a small matter but it is becoming very frustrating. Thanks for letting me vent haha

bikerman101

Re: Highway Pegs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

Go Ask them to take them off the new bikes and put them on yours. They can wait for the pegs for their new bikes, you shouldn't have to wait.

What is the name of the dealership and where is it?

My.02

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:57:07 AM »

I agree with Bikerman101 they owe them to you ,take them off another bike . If that doesn't work ask to talk to the area HD rep. The CVO bike is the most profitable bike the dealer sells ,he needs to take special care of those customers.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »

Thats wild the pegs are on backorder they are usually a big seller and most dealers stock them. I really find it hard to believe your dealer would sell a bike without all the parts on it ,without telling you and going out of their way to make it right. I guess even the salesman does care about selling more than customer service. Now that moneys getting harder to get ,and selling bikes will be harder maybee customer service will come back. RIDE SAFE JDO

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

I purchased the Bike the first of Sept and Still do not have the highway pegs. The dealer has not received another CVO Ultra to take the pegs off and give them to me. The Dealer called Harley to ask for some off the line and Harley said if the bike was ridable I would have to wait. Hows that for customer service? I am now being told (again) that they will be here by the 1st week in December

Wildrat

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

Harley any customer service Davidson.

screwup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC 3
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 04:33:28 PM »

:orange: i have two sets in the parts bin,  when you are out this way land of Oz(Kansas) call me and you can have a set.

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

Well after a 3 month wait the highway pegs that were suppose to be on the bike at purchase finally showed up and I picked them up today. The dealer was also frustrated with the MoCO as he tried to get them to ship some right off the line instead of the backorder that was placed on them and was told they since it was a part that was not necessary fo the bike to run we would have to wait,anyway I finally received them ... so All is good now

Wildrat

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »

I'm glad you received your pegs fiiinnnaaallllyyyyy! I am sure you are happy now that your bike is complete. I took mine off and put those Kuryakin wing looking pegs on. On long rides my feet would be hurting because my feet are to big and those stock ones just did not cut it anymore. Now I am happy. It's like having a King size bed for your feet down there.
Again, glad you got them. Bye

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.