Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: exhaust question.  (Read 1303 times)

GEEZER-X

exhaust question.
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »

Hey guys, as everyone I'm needing imput. I am running a 107" in a 04 SE. I'm going to be taking the bike to a pro tuner in Joplin Mo. I was talking to him by phone and he asked what exhaust I was running. I am running a thundeheader now. He told me that I need to lose the pipe and try a Bassani road rage or a d&d fatcat. as the thunder header was hurting my low end tq. the bike puts out 115hp and 130 tq on a good day. Yes it does have a dip in the low end you can see on the dyno sheet. I'm looking for feed back on either of these two pipes, I know everyone has a opinion about what pipes to use, so I'm all ears. Both of these pipes are fairly expensive, also wondering if the gains if any would be worth the money. Am I right in thinking that all pipes in the 2 into 1 catagory are with in 1 to 5 hp of each other. Any way anyone with thougts ideas or a better pipe they know of, I'm listening.. thanks D.
04 SE FLHT Revolution Performance 107 kit  thunder header, HQ 0033g cams, HQ heads, 10.6comp, PC3, 115hp-130torque..

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: exhaust question.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »

If it were me and the pro tuner was recommending two pipes I'd look at them and find the one that is most appealing to me and go for that one. Both of those pipes will produce good numbers and it sounds like the tuner will get the best out of either.

Since you mentioned "Pro Tuner" in Joplin MO would it be John Golden? If it is there is no question in my mind to go w/his recommendations.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

I know there are quite a few people on this site running these two pipes, so I'm sure you'll see a few opinions on both. You ming look at these dyno sheets and too.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=108&posts=373&start=1

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

I read that the Bassani Road Rage put out great numbers so I put one on my '04 SEEG for about 24 hours.  It felt like I was sitting on an electric stove and someone was holding a hair dryer on my leg.  My buddy swears by his but I couldn't get past the heat.
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:42:16 AM »

yep--what firedood said about listening to your tuner.

also, if you truly are making that kinda power from a 107 in the midrange, i would ask your tuner what he thinks about going with the boarzilla------------------------------

hogasm

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »

D&D Fatcat!!!

I have the Bassani's on another bike :(

Sounds like you are going to visit my buddy John to get your scoot tuned. Great idea. He and Sandy are super people.

www.rollingthunderdyno.com

cell# 417-437-3369

They did my 04 SEEG with a 124 motor. Very happy with the results :2vrolijk_21:

On the 107 with a Borzilla...that is what I have on the 124...might be a we bit too large for the 107....IMHO the fat cat with performance baffles would be better....but talk to John about your build....he has tuned a many a scoot and their might be something about your build that he would like the larger pipe.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.