Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taillight lens w/out license plate window  (Read 1351 times)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Taillight lens w/out license plate window
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »

I got an illuminated license plate frame for my bike and it looks good, but I want to get a taillight lens that doesn't shed light on the plate. I know they make one that has the plate "window" on the bottom which might work, but I'd like to get one without any clear window. Does anyone know of such a thing and where to get it?

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
Re: Taillight lens w/out license plate window
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »

You can go with the Stree Glide set up, I had this on my Road Glide, moves the plate to the rear fender and has the license plate light on the bottom of the turn signal so lights up the plate, down side is you have to replace your rear turn signal bar, but it's easy to do.  HD part is 53702-04A. 

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »

I "think" My '05 SEEG came with a taillight with the clear part downward.  It might not have any clear lens at all being that the stock plate frame on that bike has its own lights.  Any SEEG '05 confirm?  I could when I get home tonight.  Anyways, you could get one of those and cover the clear part on the inside with elctrical tape.  No one sees it anyway.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »

I "think" My '05 SEEG came with a taillight with the clear part downward.  It might not have any clear lens at all being that the stock plate frame on that bike has its own lights.  Any SEEG '05 confirm?  I could when I get home tonight.  Anyways, you could get one of those and cover the clear part on the inside with elctrical tape.  No one sees it anyway.

That can be confirmed as not having the clear part on the top. You can see that here - Bullet Rear Turn Signal Bar and License Plate Relocation Kit. If someone can supply the P/N for the lens cover for the rear taillight on a SEEG2 that would at least get you closer to what you want. As Zombie mentioned if it does have the clear on the bottom a little fabrication will take care of that. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »

Part for the light is 69353-05.  Plugs into the tail light connectors. 

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »

That can be confirmed as not having the clear part on the top. You can see that here - Bullet Rear Turn Signal Bar and License Plate Relocation Kit. If someone can supply the P/N for the lens cover for the rear taillight on a SEEG2 that would at least get you closer to what you want. As Zombie mentioned if it does have the clear on the bottom a little fabrication will take care of that. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Confirmed.  I got home, looked around and couldn't find it.  Thought for a minute and realized I put it on my lowrider.  Fire00d is correct about the billet kit.  This lense is part of that kit taht came on the SEEG2's.  If no one will get you a part number let me know.  I will take it off my bike and look to see if there is an HD P/N stamped on the backside somewhere.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:07:30 PM »

Thank you all for the help :2vrolijk_21:  Going to the stealer in the AM

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »

I got an illuminated license plate frame for my bike and it looks good, but I want to get a taillight lens that doesn't shed light on the plate. I know they make one that has the plate "window" on the bottom which might work, but I'd like to get one without any clear window. Does anyone know of such a thing and where to get it?

The taillight lens for the Harley sidecar doesn't have the clear plate window. Hope this helps. Linny

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54:58 PM »

Ordered one from dealer today off of a streetglide, probably same lens as sidecar too.

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 21 queries.