Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: King Tourpack HOLES!  (Read 899 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: King Tourpack HOLES!
« on: April 10, 2005, 01:26:36 AM »

When I got the King tour pak for the red bike it came with no holes at all.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:51:01 AM by twolanerider »

LeRoy

• Full CVO Member
  • God, Family, Country, Harley !
King Tourpack HOLES!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:46:10 AM »

Hey guys and Gals..I hope you all got a chance to ride today..I went for a 39 degree poker run here in Montana and it was great ! started snowing lightly on the way to the dealership!

Anyway,  not to waste time..

I bought a Orange and black king tourpak for my pumpkin and there are 2  outsized holes in the left rear portion just below the lid .  (antenna holes) I sure wish they would ask if you want the holes or not..I dont need them since my Tune Trapper antenna is in my fairing.  
Does anybody have any good ideas what would look goood on an orange and black tourpak to cover the holes?  What have you guys installed ?

Thanks ,

LeRoy

LeRoy

• Full CVO Member
  • God, Family, Country, Harley !
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 01:08:41 PM »

Thanks, I dont know why they put the holes there ...it is not like they have a flood of requests for Orange PEARL  king tourpaks...you think they might ask...but I know that is expecting tooo much from the MoCo.

Going to Home Depot today  to look for the plug.  

I was also wondering what if anything guys have been putting on the back of the tour pak to liven things up ...right now it is just a big block of orange with the plain Harley Davidson writing on it...kind of drab...I was thinking about asking a local custom paint shop to continue the flames and black ?silver down the back but I dont know if they can match the colors...Thoughts/experiences?

If it stays nice out I will post some pics of the Pak. and the lights...still waiting for the lower supports for the Black crash bars...
LeRoy.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 01:39:36 PM »

I was also wondering what if anything guys have been putting on the back of the tour pak to liven things up ...right now it is just a big block of orange with the plain Harley Davidson writing on it...kind of drab...

Leroy, scroll down somewhere in second page of this thread and you'll see a pic of what I did in the back of the back of the King tour pak for the red bike:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1112922652

I thought it was a big boring empty field as well but really didn't want to do a lot of fancy and/or expensive pinstriping back there.  So I bought a ten dollar emblem from Harley and had Iron Braids make up a couple of ten dollar conchos in colors that matched the bike.  I've got their color sample swatches here on the desk beside me and they have an orange leather they could do something in were you so inclined.

I'm still not sure the conchos are the greatest idea I ever had.  But they look ok and they break up the field some and they are at least a little distinct.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.