Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Giants Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2430 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Giants Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

The Giants defensive line was the difference in the game and was the MPV's of the game.  To play that well for 4 quarters was awesome.  It was hot in the stadium and it would have been easy for them to tire out in the 4th quarter but they didn't. 

At the end of the season/playoffs, the Giant's got hot and were playing good ball.  To beat Dallas and Green Bay on their home fields is also to be commended. 

As an outsider that had no stakes in the game, it was a good game to watch.

Maybe some year for the Browns, probably not my life time.

While I was hoping for a Pats win CONGRATS to the Giants, Howie and the rest of the New Jersey fans!!! (Sorry Howie I told ya there is only 1 New York team). No seriously the Giants brought it and outplayed the Pats hands down. Congrats on a well deserved and earned win.  :2vrolijk_21:

Howie

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »

Doesn't matter now, but I have a question maybe someone can answer.

He was clearly on the field, but, how could the Patriots throw a challenge flag on the Giants for 12 men on the field? I thought you could only throw the challenge flag on a call, either a flag thrown buy and official, or a ruling was made on the field. I didn't see any flag thrown, and I don't think a ruling was made. As an example, if a receiver catches the ball on the side lines and drags his feet, the official makes a call as to wether the receiver was in bounds or not, a coach can challenge this ruling, but in this case I don't think any ruling was made, unless because they didn't throw a flag, they are saying a ruling was made that he was off the Field, but I still don't think that's correct. It would be like a player pulling a face mask, but the officials don't see it, the coach throws a flag and makes then review it and make a call based on the review. They can't throw a challenge flag because the officials don't throw a flag???? :confused5:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »

Doesn't matter now, but I have a question maybe someone can answer.

He was clearly on the field, but, how could the Patriots throw a challenge flag on the Giants for 12 men on the field? I thought you could only throw the challenge flag on a call, either a flag thrown buy and official, or a ruling was made on the field. I didn't see any flag thrown, and I don't think a ruling was made. As an example, if a receiver catches the ball on the side lines and drags his feet, the official makes a call as to wether the receiver was in bounds or not, a coach can challenge this ruling, but in this case I don't think any ruling was made, unless because they didn't throw a flag, they are saying a ruling was made that he was off the Field, but I still don't think that's correct. It would be like a player pulling a face mask, but the officials don't see it, the coach throws a flag and makes then review it and make a call based on the review. They can't throw a challenge flag because the officials don't throw a flag???? :confused5:

There are a set number of instances where a challenge and instant replay can be used. The list below is taken from Wikipedia.com

The NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:

Scoring plays (except field goals)
Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
Runner/receiver out of bounds
Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
Quarterback pass or fumble
Illegal forward pass
Forward or backward pass
Runner ruled not down by contact
Forward progress in regard to a first down
Touching of a kick
Other plays involving placement of the football
Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap

Although there is no 'call' made by an official, 12 men on the field is able to be challenged by a coach. Which was proven by the fact that it happened last night, successfully too.

:indian_chief:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »

Thought it was a good game.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »

Wildcard team going all the way was interesting.  Not a Giants fan & certainly not a Pats fan.  Good game in comparison to a lot of other Super Bowls.

Glad nobody decided to tear Tom Petty's shirt off.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »

What am I, wood?   

Sorry I was remiss to not recognize Ernieazp (NY transplant). You called it bro!

As to why the dome was closed in Phoenix, my local contact there said it was probably to keep the illegal's from climbing in and mowing the grass on the field during halftime.  :nixweiss:

:drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »

There are a set number of instances where a challenge and instant replay can be used. The list below is taken from Wikipedia.com

The NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:

Scoring plays (except field goals)
Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
Runner/receiver out of bounds
Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
Quarterback pass or fumble
Illegal forward pass
Forward or backward pass
Runner ruled not down by contact
Forward progress in regard to a first down
Touching of a kick
Other plays involving placement of the football
Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap

Although there is no 'call' made by an official, 12 men on the field is able to be challenged by a coach. Which was proven by the fact that it happened last night, successfully too.

:indian_chief:

Thanks, I didn't know that they could challenge for 12 men. But just because it happened last night doesn't say it should have happened! Giants weren't suppose to win the game, by most accounts!! ;D

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »

I was thrilled with the outcome of the game!

No, I'm not a Giants fan.

No, I'm not a New England fan.

But I did have the NY 7, NE 4 square on a $2000 football pool!

:)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »

Great job Big Blue :2vrolijk_21: Now for super Tuesday :'(

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »

I was heaping praise on the Giants till I read some of the totally classless comments by Toomer. What a complete asshole. It was a dog eat dog game that came down to one play and this chithead is talking trash like he won by 4 touchdowns.

B B

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

I was thrilled with the outcome of the game!

No, I'm not a Giants fan.

No, I'm not a New England fan.

But I did have the NY 7, NE 4 square on a $2000 football pool!

:)

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.