Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Georgia Man Kills Motorcyclist Who Was Following Teen Daughters  (Read 1365 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Georgia Man Kills Motorcyclist Who Was Following Teen Daughters
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »

Cops: Georgia Man Kills Motorcyclist Who Was Following Teen Daughters
Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Georgia man was arrested for murder after he allegedly shot and killed a motorcyclists who he said was following his teenage daughters home from a Target, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Richard Harold Gear's two daughters, ages 17 and 19, called their 45-year-old father from their cell phones telling them they were being followed, the paper reported.

When they got home their father was at the end of their driveway with a pistol, police told the newspaper.

Gear allegedly shot his .40-caliber semiautomatic gun two or three times at Bryan Joseph Mough, 21, after he drive past the house, turned around and made another pass, the Journal-Constitution reported.

The teens said they made obscene gestures at Mough after he cut them off, adding at one point he ran into their car, the newspaper reported.

Police told the newspaper there is evidence of a collision between the vehicle and the motorcycle, but they haven't been to determine who initiated it.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Georgia Man Kills Motorcyclist Who Was Following Teen Daughters
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:51 AM »

OH My!

A lot of drama gone extreme.

I'd hate to have a teenager under my responsibility in this day and age.  They are not all rotten or all angels, but they do not have a sense of responsibility.  Have you seen some of the things they do to teachers and bus drivers, not even to mention to each other.

No way of knowing the real story behind the news report, but you can bet dollars to doughnuts that the father was incensed by a recounting of events from his daughters, that probably left them looking like they had halos.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »

Very sad story & nobody mentioned in it appears to have taken the high road.  Miserable behaviors all around.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »

OH My!

I'd hate to have a teenager under my responsibility in this day and age.  They are not all rotten or all angels, but they do not have a sense of responsibility.  Have you seen some of the things they do to teachers and bus drivers, not even to mention to each other.

No way of knowing the real story behind the news report, but you can bet dollars to doughnuts that the father was incensed by a recounting of events from his daughters, that probably left them looking like they had halos.

i agree there is more to the story. why didnt the girls call cops? why didnt dad stop the dude and "have a talk"?  for dad to wait with gun in hand and start busting caps, i would think the biker was known by the girls and dad had been told stories before. my son is 26 now, so not so long  ago, i witnessed lots of my friends daughters doing not so nice things. the few that were over the line, as far as behavior goes, caused me to go and have a talk with their parents. always the same response---------not my little girl--she would never do anything like that.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »

OH My!

Tell me about it. I have a teenage daughter who (& not just because she's my daughter) is a total knockout. I would have no problem  inflicting abuse on someone who harmed her in any way but..... this guy who shot the biker has more than just a screw loose. It does go to show you how a simple act of minor road rage can have a very tragic outcome.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:02:54 AM »

Well thats a hard one, as father with a daughter not sure how or what I would have done.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »

I can see both sides. I'm a father of a 20 year old girl which means I have scared the crap out of potential daters by giving them a soda and then in front of them putting their can in an evidence bag for "just in case".
I also have followed an idiot teen that almost killed me when she blew past the stop sign on the off ramp 1/2 mile from my house.  I had to assume complete stupidity on her part and swerved behind her.  If I hit the horn she would have noticed me and stopped leaving me no out.
I followed her to the store and educated her verbally regarding her driving skills.  This could be the scenario of this story, who knows?
If you have teens, you should have learned not to believe them face value.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »

I can see both sides - what happened to communication.  Maybe he thought ihe would be attacked as this is the case in the UK at the moment - you get stabbed for anything.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »

Well, I wasn't there so I can't say if there was fault either way with the girls, but what is the dad thinking.

Now he's likely to spend some time with free room and board, at a minimum it is manslaughter and unless the rider was trying to run him over (which would have been tough if the daughters and there dad had gon in the house) there sure doesn't seem to be cause here.

A good example of why not to react with hand jestures or aggressive driving when someone pulls a stunt around you.

You have no idea who is packing or where support may come from.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »

Just the sight of a gun being held by an angry man would be enough for me, no matter how mad I was at a couple of stupid teenagers.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »

What I read locally is that the teenagers instigated the confrontation.  And according to reports the biker was shot in the back as he drove past and beyond the house......assumed to be leaving the area(?).

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.