Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tell me your "war" story - keep it brief  (Read 2150 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Tell me your "war" story - keep it brief
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »

Incident #2:  Was leaving work in Seattle, in early 80's, and ready to cross a road.  I looked left and right and didn't see anyone coming so I proceeded out into the intersection.  I failed to notice the invisible speeder that was around the bend to my left and as I got out into the intersection, he "t-boned" me and my sporty with a Toyota "Hi-Lux" pickup.  I don't remember anything of that accident, other than waking up in the hospital, with a semi-severe concussion, the tip of my second toe on my left foot sewn back on (apparently the force of the accident ripped the sole and tip of my boot off exposing my toes), and a "spider-web" fracture of my left ankle.   I'm alive today because I was wearing a helmet.  Witnesses said I was thrown straight up in the air and came down on the road and landed on my forehead (the resulting damage to the helmet, supported this claim).  Everything on the sporty was damaged except that old cast iron shovelhead engine.  Three days in the hospital.  Neuro-surgeon wouldn't release me until I could remember his last name, and his last name was the same as mine!!  Seattle PD officer called me a couple of days after I got home, which I thought was pretty cool, and asked me how I was.  He said I know this doesn't make things better, but, if it's any consolation, your sporty totalled the pickup, he couldn't even pull it off the road.  Apparently, according to the skid mark, he was estimated at going about 45-50 in a 25 mph area. 

:devil:
[/quote]

now that is a bad accident......at least a happy ending   :)

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 02:13:38 PM »

EZRIDN, yours reminds me of one I'll reluctantly admit to.

in 1983 I rode with a friend (male) on the back of my Honda CB750K to a beach on Lake Erie in Canada (Sherkston) with a cooler full of food for a day of laying around and volunteering as swimsuit issue talent scouts.  Sign at the entrance to the beach said "No Motorcycles".  Since there were cars everywhere and I had a lot of stuff to carry I felt it was discriminatory and proceeded to a spot on the beach where we set up shop next to two good looking women who asked us if we had ice in the cooler.  We did.  They offered to make us vodka and teas if we shared our ice.  We did.  after a couple hours we decided to leave.  Had the bike all packed up and the girls were behind me in their car.  On the way off the beach the front tire hit a deep rut in the sand and we went over quickly.  I hit the wind shield of the fairing and my tooth went through my bottom lip.  My buddy hit his face on the back of my helmet and got a SERIOUS fat lip.  The girls pulled up beside us to see if we were all right and when they noticed I was bleeding all over the place said, "That's gross" and gave me a wad of napkins and drove away.  Now I know why motorcycles weren't allowed on the beach.

George,   let me get this straight......... 2  guys   2 girls  on a beach   with 1 motorcycle and 1 car    and you end up
on the motorcycle with 2 guys on board?   something wrong with that picture?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »

Yup, it was ALL wrong.  And things were progressing so nicely.......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 02:26:50 PM »

March 25th 2000. Won't forget that day. The days leading up to the "event" the weather was fantastic. 50,s & 60,s. Hadn't snowed in weeks so there was no salt etc. Anyway, going through some twisties on my 2000 RK(6ookms on the guage) hit a patch of sand going around a corner too fast and slide into an oncoming car. $9,000.00 damage to the bike & $1,200 to the car. And a new pair of underwear.Didn't get the bike back from the dealer till the ist week of May.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

No1 - Yamaha 125cc Motorcycle training, 1st time on a bike and found myself going too fast in too small an area, I rode straight into a fence, I couldn't stop laughing at the time until the instructor came over and gave me a bollocking - it was his bike.

No2 - Yamaha 125cc, 06.00am going to work on a quiet country road. Drove over a one lane bridge governed by lights, a$$hole on the other end didn't think anyone would be around so crashed a red, luckily for me it was raining, as I braked I went down slid in front of him managing to push myself off his front bumper I wasn't laughing then.  10years earlier I'd of probably ripped his head off and sh*t down his neck.  This one hurt.

No3. A blind dog ran out in front of me I couldn't stop intime and ran over him.  The bike wheel was going from side to side which I remember was somewhat alarming.
The occupants of 2 cars who saw the accident went ballistic at me, I couldn't believe they would rather have me  dead than the dog - I do remember my backside going half a crown-sixpence

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

Incidents 1-100 (?) 1970-1974 mostly.  Hit trees, broke fingers, broke helmets, jumped over creeks sometimes halfway, jumped logs & dumped bike on top of me, and too many bad (very bad) hill climbing episodes to mention - 1 my head hit a rock, knocked me out & the helmet I was wearing broke.  Then I quit dirt bike racing - almost.

Incident #2 -  Riding north on I-35 north of Waco, Texas at dusk decided to stop & tell my uncle hi & as we exited (BSR along for the ride) we hit UNMARKED road construction going about 55 mph.  Hard to see in low light.  Crew had started laying new pavement on the exit & it was 7 inches higher than the old road surface - basically like hitting a curb in the middle of the road.  Wife & I learned how to fly over handlebars and we bounced oh I don't know - 3 or 4 times.  Ambulance ride was noisy. I had a bad case of road rash on arms & knees & some of my lower chin left on the road.  Wife bounced on top of me so her road rash was not nearly as bad, but still painful.  No broken bones.  Cussed out the ER nurse for scrubbing asphalt from various places it should not have been & then realized she was the wife of a buddy I worked with.  She did not think I was funny & I sure as hell knew she wasn't.  Doc rebuilt/sewed up chin. Night in the hospital - checked out looking like the mummy in a movie.  Back riding about a week later after I fixed the bike.  Picked asphalt out of various places for many years after.  Now I watch road construction sites more carefully.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:58:02 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 06:16:04 PM »

March 25th 2000. Won't forget that day. The days leading up to the "event" the weather was fantastic. 50,s & 60,s. Hadn't snowed in weeks so there was no salt etc. Anyway, going through some twisties on my 2000 RK(6ookms on the guage) hit a patch of sand going around a corner too fast and slide into an oncoming car. $9,000.00 damage to the bike & $1,200 to the car. And a new pair of underwear.Didn't get the bike back from the dealer till the ist week of May.

I always thought it was interesting that accidents described by damage amounts of money I want the cage damage amount to be high or totaled

just a twisted sickness........seldom do we get the better end of the stick!
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

First hand, but at least it wasn't me.  Buddy and I were driving home one night, came to a stop light and noticed a guy on a bike heading toward the intersection from the right.  It was surreal - he slowed down, the bike started doing a little side-to-side oscillation that grew in magnitude the slower he went.  We were waiting for his feet to come out, but they never did.  The handlebars just kept making wider swings until physics defeated his corrections.  Never did take his feet off the pegs even after he was on his side with a running bike on top of him.  I'm guessing he "cleaned his house" before going for that ride too.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.