Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trailer's  (Read 3856 times)

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
Re: Trailer's
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

Thanks Guy's it kinda what I thought that the Aluma was most likely the way to go, gadget's as far as the trailer queen thing statement I have not a dam thing to prove to anyone been coast to coast, Canada, to the mexician border. The heat is starting to get to the both of us.

Exactly!   :bananarock:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Trailer's
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »

I have had  a few open trailers, a homebuilt and a Kendon. My homebuilt I bought a Dexter axle then just added frame and rails, It pulled great, was cheap and  very strong. The Kendon flexed to much, I could see bike moving in rearview and was never comfortable, had a buddy follow me once and he stopped us a couple miles down the road and said something is wrong, that thing is flexing an moving every which way (Ultra Classic). So to me, stay away from Kendon unless you have a 500# max sportbike.
I have now had 2 enclosed, both Pace Legacy Low Hauler type trailers. My current is smaller than the last one, 6 X 12 single axle with brakes, Smooth seamless (no rivets) sides, alum inside paneled with 110v & 12V lighting, Condor stop, e-track on floor and road side and every PitPal accessory I could add. I love it, pulls totally effortlessly (part of that due to LS engine with 403HP tow vehicle). I would never go back to open, no more than I would pull a race car on a open, dusty/dirty trailer. Just to nice to pull 2100 miles to Sturgis and the bike be as clean and dry as when we left home. I do get lots of crap from people about towing, but I don't care, I am older and enjoy comfort. So my suggestion buy the nicest, most well equipped closed trailer you can find or afford. Gets LOTS of interior (LED) lighting for those dark nights when a buddy calls and is broke down and needs lift home. The Alum is a very nice looking trailer and would appear a nice unit if you want open hauling.
Good Luck
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.