Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Installing Ness 3" Forward Control Extender  (Read 1558 times)

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
Help Installing Ness 3" Forward Control Extender
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:31:23 PM »

I apologize for my lack or wrench skills, but I cannot figure out how to route the new Ness 3" extension rear brake line for my Softail Springer. There is a small bracket that I can't figure out where to bolt it on. The instructions say it attaches to the frame on the exhaust bracket, but beats me where that is. Looking at the forums, it seems quite a few people have installed this kit, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. Good news is the left side was very easy. Thanks.
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension

krank

• CVO1: 2008 screaming eagle springer
Re: Help Installing Ness 3" Forward Control Extender
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »

express,  find the exhaust bracket which is below the passenger peg, the the ness bracket bolts to that with the holes for the brake switch ffacing forward. i had to place the bracket between the frame portion and the bracket on my pipes because i have v&h side shots so i am not sure if that is required if the stock pipes are on. hoe this helps and i am sure you'll like the extensions.

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
Re: Help Installing Ness 3" Forward Control Extender
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »

I've looked at this some more, and I think I have found the spot to install the bracket for the brake line splitter. To get the bracket behind the exhaust support, looks like the exhaust has to come off in order to remove the support. Is that right. I should probably just go and get the service manual, but I wasn't expecting this to be such a big job.
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.