Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First 500 miles  (Read 690 times)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
First 500 miles
« on: April 17, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »

Just turned 500 and here'swhat I think:Bike rides great. traded up from my 05 RK and the SEUC3 rides much better, and the wife agrees when she's up top. the steering is much more sensitive and seems to require less effort. The throttle by wire took some getting used to but is also much more responsive. Tracks well but at low speed, turns are wider. There is less lean angle and I keep scraping. One big problem though is my friends tell me I look like a goober when I ride by them as I still have this big stupid grin on my face. Noisy whine when downshifting into first. Rockers are still making their notch in the covers so hopefully that will dissipate soon. If that little green light is what they are selling as a 6th gear indicator, I find it amusing, and can't find it at all in daylight. Electronics seem ok or at least what I expected. Heated seats and grips are a pleasant surprise these last few chilly nights coming home. Has anyone heard anything about the V&H Monster Ovals? Supposedly high flow with lower noise.Ordered the SERT andStage 1 air but can't make up my mind on the mufflers. Not sure about going dual but picking the mufflers is like the kid in the candy store thing. Basically I love it and it's only gonna get better.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: First 500 miles
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »

Great to hear.  Continue to enjoy your new bike.   :2vrolijk_21:

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »

Congratulations on the new ride.
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »

Glad you're loving your new bike!

I love my #601 as well. Can't stop spending money on it though... New dual horns, cooling fan, saddle bag latches, removed the tour pack rack and replaced with cool looking chrome strips to match the top of the bags, replaced ALL lenses with smoked ones, new tank badge (just didn't like the red insert so just working on a painted one or chrome one???), light peaks all around, shorty antennas, new windshield and trim, chrome switches and the list goes on and on.

I'm thinking of putting on V&H true duals but have been hearing how you loose power if you go dual.  Funny thing is I have them on my 05 SEEG and it runs great, so most likely I'll do the same to this one.

Once I've finished with all my changes, I'll post a few pics.

Keep enjoying your new bike and if you're looking to spend money on some upgrades, you've come to the right place on this site.  Great info from great people.

Take care & ride safe,
Grizzly
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 08:58:07 AM »

There is less lean angle and I keep scraping.

I put the Harley-Davidson Center Stand on mine and I'm noticing the same thing. The lean angle is 32 degrees right and 30 degrees left. It has been reported to Harley-Davidson so I'll let you know what I find out......
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.