Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: New and Improved Gasket for 110 Cylinders(NOW on Back Order)  (Read 6349 times)

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
Re: New and Improved Gasket for 110 Cylinders(NOW on Back Order)
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2008, 09:13:32 PM »

Is there a way to find true build date on these new 110's ?  And are the new production motors fixed?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

Just got back from a 1500 mile trip to Big Bend National Park. The new 16801-07B head gaskets were installed on both cylinders before I left. The leak got worse, not better. Bike leaked about 1/2 a quart of oil over the trip. The MOCO's "new and improved gasket" didn't work for me. Bike has been to the shop 4 times and is going back again. I have a long extended warranty and don't mind using it. There must be some solution to this problem. I love the bike, it runs strong and I have no intention of getting rid of it.
DP,
Sorry to hear the the gaskets didn't work...damn, that upsets me too now.  I just picked my bike up with the new and improved "B" model gaskets installed...that's not what I wanted to hear with the new ones. :(

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »

I think this is the first report I have seen of the "latest, latest" head gaskets failing....   Makes me wonder if you have bad liners...  :nixweiss:

I agree with Scott.  Have em check to see if the liner slipped. That's what caused my problem. No gasket is going to fix the liner. Don't be surprised if they missed it. You really have to know what your looking for.

JW

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

If it isn't the cylinders,

What the heck are they going to change this time?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

Don't know why they don't do the liners like big rig diesels? They have a lip on the top of the sleeve and the block, in the case of HD motor, the cylinder, has a grove on the top to accept the lip, then when the head is installed, it holds down the sleeve in the cylinder.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »

Don't know why they don't do the liners like big rig diesels? They have a lip on the top of the sleeve and the block, in the case of HD motor, the cylinder, has a grove on the top to accept the lip, then when the head is installed, it holds down the sleeve in the cylinder.

Sure ya do Craig, $$$$$! And HD's like outlaws, they ain't payin'! :o :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »

Most of these engines have steel heads not alum. and they do have a slight liner movement in them, also there not turning up over 3800 rpms, but it would be nice to have a slip in liner they are sweet and quick to change for sure.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »

radiators?
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.