Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Dyna, does it have a kill switch or tip over switch? (for the dragstrip)  (Read 1912 times)

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member

Does anyone know if the fuel injected 2007's have a tipover or kill switch to shut off the fuel in the event of a crash?? I want to run my 110SE Dyna at the drags again after it gets out of the shop. I failed tech inspection until I came up with my "Humpty Dumpty" prototype kill switch.
Most all of the other makes of fuel injected bikes have a tipover switch. I looked in the shop manual but didn't see anything obvious.
I am hoping to get in the high elevens this year.

See photo of last years " Humpty Dumpty Kill Switch"

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member

yes, you have a bank angle sensor that cuts the engine off when cycle leans more than 45 degrees
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member

Cool!! Thanks. I will see if I can find it in the shop manual now that I know what it is called. I can make a copy and take it to tech inspection with me.

Thanks AXIL !

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Does anyone know if the fuel injected 2007's have a tipover or kill switch to shut off the fuel in the event of a crash?? I want to run my 110SE Dyna at the drags again after it gets out of the shop. I failed tech inspection until I came up with my "Humpty Dumpty" prototype kill switch.
Most all of the other makes of fuel injected bikes have a tipover switch. I looked in the shop manual but didn't see anything obvious.
I am hoping to get in the high elevens this year.

See photo of last years " Humpty Dumpty Kill Switch"

Hehe! Been running that type of kill switch for years at the track. Not in competitition, just fun with the crew at the dragstrip! Hey, it works (although thankfully I've never needed to test it)! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member

Last year when I ran there was a real hard core old Harley guy watching my runs. He told me I was winding it out to much. (I was shifting @ about 6200 RPM). He said with the 255 cam I should have been shifting around 5300 RPM's.
He told me I could have shaved off another .3 tenths in the 1/4 mile. He also said to get more aggressive in my launch. If I did I could knock off another .1 or two. I was coasting out @ 2000 RPMs and then nailing it. Just like I was leaving the Dairy Queen.

I ran a 12.5 @ 105.5 MPH. SO I am hoping with his tricks, a tailwind, correct tire pressure,( I rode 65 miles to the strip and never checked my tire pressure.), I can break into the 11's . I think that would be very respectable for a 680lb hog in mild tune.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Last year when I ran there was a real hard core old Harley guy watching my runs. He told me I was winding it out to much. (I was shifting @ about 6200 RPM). He said with the 255 cam I should have been shifting around 5300 RPM's.
He told me I could have shaved off another .3 tenths in the 1/4 mile. He also said to get more aggressive in my launch. If I did I could knock off another .1 or two. I was coasting out @ 2000 RPMs and then nailing it. Just like I was leaving the Dairy Queen.

I ran a 12.5 @ 105.5 MPH. SO I am hoping with his tricks, a tailwind, correct tire pressure,( I rode 65 miles to the strip and never checked my tire pressure.), I can break into the 11's . I think that would be very respectable for a 680lb hog in mild tune.

He's right Deac! That cam drops like lead after 4500. No sense in bringing it much over 5 grand. You'll stay on the cam when you shift there, which kicks in around 2800-3 grand. Stay in that range for best times. You need to short shift these motors to keep the acceleration going! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.