Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: officially a LEMON  (Read 5206 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: officially a LEMON
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »

30 Grand and I'll shut up too.  That's a lot of lemonaid.  That's all that I have to say about that.  I'm glad one case is resolved.  I believe Carfax would show if a vehicle was repurcheased. 
Are we saying that HD can issue a new Cert of Origin?  Did the odometer go back to zero?  It still show show it was already registered and now a used bike. ????
Any day on the bike is a good day.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

30 Grand and I'll shut up too.  That's a lot of lemonaid.  That's all that I have to say about that.  I'm glad one case is resolved.  I believe Carfax would show if a vehicle was repurcheased. 
Are we saying that HD can issue a new Cert of Origin?  Did the odometer go back to zero?  It still show show it was already registered and now a used bike. ????

Nope, doesn't work that way.  Different state lemon laws have different resale limitations, but no state can override federal law and allow a manufacturer to sell a buy-back as a new vehicle.  The vehicles are sold as used.  Some states require a disclosure statement be given to the next buyer, some do not. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hogasm

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »

Nope, doesn't work that way.  Different state lemon laws have different resale limitations, but no state can override federal law and allow a manufacturer to sell a buy-back as a new vehicle.  The vehicles are sold as used.  Some states require a disclosure statement be given to the next buyer, some do not. 

Jerry

Jerry you are correct in some states have to give a disclosure statement, but in many states you dont. When the vehicle is sold as used...the MOCO does not have to change the title into a SALVAGED one, unless in the buy back contract the previous owner has it written in the contract that the title will become a salvage. Most of the time the owner is just so glad to get rid of the vehicle that they dont go this extra step in the negotiations.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »

I didn't know that was even an option . It took six months of negotiation to get back what I had in the bike and another couple months to get the check.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 02:08:27 AM »

I returned a 07 in a California dealership and had to sign a disclosure statement. In my situation, I negotiated the terms with a regional representative. I cant discuss any details regarding my agreement, but i can say i was very happy when it was all done. I don't know for sure but i was told the lemon was shipped back to the factory.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »

Did member remove himself?  Or was he removed?  Can't search on his past posts once he is no longer a member.  Really sorry to hear that his story ended in this result.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:03 AM »

Did member remove himself?  Or was he removed?  Can't search on his past posts once he is no longer a member.  Really sorry to hear that his story ended in this result.

He said he couldn't talk about the settlement. Then he removed himself. The temptation to tell us all the gruesome details musta been too much for him! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »

He only had two posts.  The first was to let us know of his problems and the second began this thread.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 09:45:29 AM »

The temptation to tell us all the gruesome details musta been too much for him! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

I can tell you first hand,, their is an urge as you stated Hoist. If he is in the same shoes as I, we don't have 'bragging' rights.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »

I can tell you first hand,, their is an urge as you stated Hoist. If he is in the same shoes as I, we don't have 'bragging' rights.

I hope the pain that you two have faced (besides all of the aggravation the rest have felt) is not in vain.

Seegarz :(

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.