Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Burning Oil  (Read 4529 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Burning Oil
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »

Thanks Don.  But I can't judge anything by the looks of yours because your diamond cut/powder-coated motor just looks so good that it diffuses the ugliness of the plumbing.  :P har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »

Thanks Don.  But I can't judge anything by the looks of yours because your diamond cut/powder-coated motor just looks so good that it diffuses the ugliness of the plumbing.  :P har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder

That's part of why the braid covered line works ok there.  Even with that background the line does blend in a bit.  That's about all I can hope for.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

That's part of why the braid covered line works ok there.  Even with that background the line does blend in a bit.  That's about all I can hope for.
I also noticed that Ness has started offering their chromed spring hose covering again after taking it off the mkt. for awhile.  That's another choice.  8) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »

I also noticed that Ness has started offering their chromed spring hose covering again after taking it off the mkt. for awhile.  That's another choice.  8) spyder

Have played with that before.   Couldn't use it here.  Larger OD wouldn't fit between the cylinders at the bottom.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »

Have played with that before.   Couldn't use it here.  Larger OD wouldn't fit between the cylinders at the bottom.
  Yep......I can see that now from the one photo.  8) spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

Hey Hoist, did you ever show us (with a pic) the routing of your breather hose to the ground?  :nixweiss: I still can't figure a way that doesn't look fugly.  :-\ har!  :drink:spyder

Sorry spyde, I've no pics in this computer. But we cut thebackplate stabs on the HPI backplate to fit the Bluegrass Breathers. We piped them in black oil hose along the frame and down it, behind the engine and down to the floor. The hose is tie-wrapped to the frame. Since I'm all black, you can't see it too badly on my bike. Bothers me much less than the oil spraying everywhere! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »

Sorry spyde, I've no pics in this computer. But we cut thebackplate stabs on the HPI backplate to fit the Bluegrass Breathers. We piped them in black oil hose along the frame and down it, behind the engine and down to the floor. The hose is tie-wrapped to the frame. Since I'm all black, you can't see it too badly on my bike. Bothers me much less than the oil spraying everywhere! ;)

Hoist! 8)
So, you 1st had to run it up to the frame under the gas tank?  If you did that (?), how will it drain/function?  :-\ spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »

So, you 1st had to run it up to the frame under the gas tank?  If you did that (?), how will it drain/function?  :-\ spyder

The Bluegrass breather is designed to vent above the TB and under the gas tank. Any oil that can drain back into the head does. Any misting oil will spray up and thru the line to drain on the ground. It kinda acts like a "trap". Very little oil is lost this way on mine. I'm happy with the result. Like I said, no more mess and I never have to add any oil between oil changes! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »

Sounds good, Hoist.  When you do get a pic of it, please post.  If not, I'll check it out at MV'08.  ;) har!  :drink: spyder

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »

Is the Harley SE Stage 1 air kit any better at handling some oil blowby than the Ness Big Sucker Stage 1?  Which is the best for this or doesn't it matter?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.