Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Corbin solo + solo tour-pac rack  (Read 4944 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: Corbin solo + solo tour-pac rack
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 08:06:01 AM »

Now I'm wondering if I get the Kury extender, that sems to give me as much as a couple of inches, I should be able to use the seat with the V-rail without any modifications. Any of you tried this combination?

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 08:07:49 AM »

Hummm. That plus:

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »

Now I'm wondering if I get the Kury extender, that sems to give me as much as a couple of inches, I should be able to use the seat with the V-rail without any modifications. Any of you tried this combination?

Now, I didn't know that was available.  If I have a complaint it's that the tour pack is too close.  The Kury extender looks like it has a range of adjustment.  I drilled the 4 mounting holes in MJZ's second photo and gained about 1/4 of an inch.  The extender looks to be the better mousetrap.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 04:57:39 PM »

Seat's off to Corbin now.We'll see how it works when I get it back.I moved my tour-pac back so the rear holes were just off the rack & used fender washers to hold it then drilled new holes in the rack for the front holes.Don't know for sure,but must have gave a inch or more.Enough to feel the difference.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »

WaSEEG, what's the luggage rack you've got lying on top of your fender?  I've got a Springer w/ a solo Corbin and I'm struggling to come up w/ a luggage rack solution that doesn't involve turn signal relocation and removing chrome trim plates.  Looks like your rack runs from under the seat to the tail light, which would be perfect for me.  Springer's got a bob'd fender, so I'd need to check.  Thanks.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »

The rack is made by Motherwell.  It follows the curve of the rear fender.

http://www.motherwellproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20

I used the Road King rack that is designed to fit the Corbin solo.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 12:18:26 AM by WaSEEG »
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »

Thanks.  Found one for the Softail, but only 2005 and earlier.  Corbin indicated I may need to trim some fiberglass from the seat.  I'm going to take a flyer and try it. 

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 08:05:57 PM »

After 6 weeks I got my seat back from Corbin & I don't think they did a thing to it.No closer to fitting now than it was before. Was shipped to Fla.& not Calf.but shouldn't matter.When I talked to Corbin they said they knew just what had to be done
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »

After 6 weeks I got my seat back from Corbin & I don't think they did a thing to it.No closer to fitting now than it was before. Was shipped to Fla.& not Calf.but shouldn't matter.When I talked to Corbin they said they knew just what had to be done

At least used to be the case that all custom work was done at Hollister.  Sorry for the six weeks wasted.  What's the Plan B?

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »

Interesting post for me to read. Ordered a 3rd Corbin several months ago, for the last month I've been repeatedly told it had shipped but no tracking number was available, got fed up and called Tuesday and canceled the order, it was delivered today. When I ordered it I told them several times to make sure the seat was notched to accommodate the crash bars, first thing I noticed when I opened the box, it was not notched. Well, having had to do it to the other two Corbins I'm at least becoming good at doing the modification myself.  >:(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »

Interesting post for me to read. Ordered a 3rd Corbin several months ago, for the last month I've been repeatedly told it had shipped but no tracking number was available, got fed up and called Tuesday and canceled the order, it was delivered today. When I ordered it I told them several times to make sure the seat was notched to accommodate the crash bars, first thing I noticed when I opened the box, it was not notched. Well, having had to do it to the other two Corbins I'm at least becoming good at doing the modification myself.  >:(

Which bike was the new saddle for MJ?  Guess the SEEG since the rear crash bar question is in play again?

Sorry to hear about the hassles with the company.  There have been an unfortunate number of those kinds of stories lately.

Guess I was moderatlely lucky with the SERG seat.  It was three weeks from date of order to delivery.  Another week after that for the backrest delivery.

They did screw up information delivery on the option of a rear backrest and had a mistake in the stitching.  The inability to later add a rear backrest if I wanted being the far more significant goof since I liked the stitching pattern anyway.  When told of the mistakes they comp'd the cost of recovering the tour pak backrest though.  So in the end they actually did ok.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »

Yep, for the nana. I prefer the solo classic over the duel, especially in the summer when the heat is not needed and since the black solo is on Elvis, I used that as an excuse to justify ordering a gray ostrich solo to match the stingray silver color on the bike. I got the idea when I saw how good the tan looked on your cherry. :2vrolijk_21:

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

At least used to be the case that all custom work was done at Hollister.  Sorry for the six weeks wasted.  What's the Plan B?
   Got a bug in my but today & cut the front bar out of the solo rack & welded it in 2" back.Works good,but have to come up with some way to cover the loss of chrome where I rounded the cut corners off.Didn't think it would show as much as it does.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.