Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour pack bag?  (Read 2014 times)

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Tour pack bag?
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »

I'm looking for a bag that works great with the chop tour pack and the mini rack, any good suggestions? :pumpkin:
hdnut

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Tour pack bag?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »

The 1st owner of the bike had already put on the mini luggage rack.  It is just too small and basically is for looks.  The bolt patterns of the larger racks are not the same.  A lid is more than a king sized tourpack.  Soo-I use a bag from www.roadreadybags.com  (the smallest one) and then put a small rag under each end of the bag where it contacts the lid.  Better than nothing and is used for readily access items like camera, etc..  Hope this helps.

harleync

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:32:13 AM »

I USE THE HARLEY DAVIDSON (SAG) BAG..ITS AROUND 200 I THINK.. I USE IT WITH THE TOUR PAC WITH A TOWEL UNDER IT TO PROTECT THE PAINT. I ONLY USE THE TOUR PAC WITH I TRAVEL. WHEN I AND RUNNING AROUND TOWN I PUT THE SAG BAG OVER THE SISSY BAR..I HAVE FOUND OUT IF YOU USE THE INSERTS WITH SADDLE BAGS YOU CAN PUT 4 PAIR OF JEANS AND 4 SHIRTS IN EACH SADDLE BAG, 4 PAIR OF SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR. THE OTHER SADDLE BAG HOLDS THE SAME FOR MY GF. THE TOUR PAC IS USED FOR RAIN GEAR, GLASSES, BATHROOM STUFF (SHAMPOO, COMB ETC). AND IF YOU WANT TOO GO THE CHEAP WAY ROLL YOUR COATS UP AND PUT THEM IN A GARBAGE BAG.

harleync

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »

PIC 2 WITH JUST THE BAG

harleync

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:34:15 AM »

PIC 3 WITH COATS ON TOP OF THE LUGGAGE RACK

custardglide

• Full CVO Member
  • AN AMERICAN IN AN ENGLISHMANS BODY

• CVO1: FLHTKSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 sold
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »

I use a real neat bag from kuryakin, fits perfect on the rack, keeps it's shape and its got its own shaped waterproof cover, can't remember the model right now but I will get you part number and pics by the weekend :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT BEFORE YOU CAN HEAR IT WOTS THE POINT

custardglide

• Full CVO Member
  • AN AMERICAN IN AN ENGLISHMANS BODY

• CVO1: FLHTKSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 sold
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

Here's an old photo from last year till I get you a decent close up pic, BTW you are looking at the yellow bike, NOT the street glide in the background
IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT BEFORE YOU CAN HEAR IT WOTS THE POINT

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »

Anyone try a Kuryakin Mini Grand Tour?It looks like it might work? :pumpkin:
hdnut

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »

I USE THE HARLEY DAVIDSON (SAG) BAG..ITS AROUND 200 I THINK.. I USE IT WITH THE TOUR PAC WITH A TOWEL UNDER IT TO PROTECT THE PAINT. I ONLY USE THE TOUR PAC WITH I TRAVEL. WHEN I AND RUNNING AROUND TOWN I PUT THE SAG BAG OVER THE SISSY BAR..I HAVE FOUND OUT IF YOU USE THE INSERTS WITH SADDLE BAGS YOU CAN PUT 4 PAIR OF JEANS AND 4 SHIRTS IN EACH SADDLE BAG, 4 PAIR OF SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR. THE OTHER SADDLE BAG HOLDS THE SAME FOR MY GF. THE TOUR PAC IS USED FOR RAIN GEAR, GLASSES, BATHROOM STUFF (SHAMPOO, COMB ETC). AND IF YOU WANT TOO GO THE CHEAP WAY ROLL YOUR COATS UP AND PUT THEM IN A GARBAGE BAG.

I use the same bag. It's not the biggest but it does secure nicely and has a waterproof liner.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »

I have the T-bag Dekker but have never used it. I put the normal things I would carry in it and it weighed 14 LBS. The tour pak rack says to not exceed 10 LBS. Someone's comment about causing the paint to crack has scared me off of using it. If the wife is going on the trip with me, I use the N-line trailer and forget about it. If I'm by myself, I have a big Harley SAC bag that sits behind me. But, most the time the wife is with me and it's trailer time.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »

TBag Roller Dekker. Awesome bag! It's like having a second TP! Easy on and off, lotsa space and compartments. And it doubles as an airline carryon! Great bag!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.