Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Update 110" Replacement Motor Installed by Harley Davidson  (Read 18659 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Update 110" Replacement Motor Installed by Harley Davidson
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »

Sorry to hear about this, just when you think it's right. Keep us posted, hopefully short down time as riding time is getting short for us.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

Well bike went back to the shop yesterday.  Motor making a lot of noise and has vibration again.  I think it's the compensator nut loose or so I hope.  If it's the crank it went fast less than 2,000 miles since Freedom did the work and said run out was .002 and it was a nice tight motor.

Just when I was starting to feel reassured that the problems are working out... Hope it is just something simple.  Please post when you find out what the problem is!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

I think it's just the comp nut.  Was ruuning great till this happened.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

AusieCVO

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2007, 08:03:21 AM »

At 1500 miles, my pumpkin had a new Head gasket and Base gasket replaced (Initial leak was from the base gasket).
Now at 3700 miles we have another leak, but his time it is the head gasket, both leaks have occurred on the rear cylinder.

What a damn joke this has become. The moco's really need to pull their fingers out of their proverbial rear ends and fix this problem up.

As a result of harder times, is there a falling back to the old AMF days, where buying a Harley implied that you were also buying leaks of oil.

What can be done, are they waiting for natural attrition of the bikes, I think we are all fairly well experienced in riding and our bikes are going to be around for a long time yet, prayerfully I hope there won't be any mishaps for any of us.

"The oil leaks are not common" was a comment I had from a dealer, yes I agreed with him...then added, allowing for the fact that there are only 17 FLHTCUSE2's here in Australia, but that doesn't discount the fact that the leaks are still occurring on a regular basis with many of the CUSE's

So far I have heard that there are machining problems, to actual movements that are causing the leaks, is there any definite reason for the leaks that you all might know of?

Two things I would like to also pose is, what happens when the warranty runs out and the leaks keep on re-appearing, who covers the cost of this?

Cheers

Ride Safe

Stuart
La vie est belle.....vis avec!

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »

Well reading all the issues with the 110 motor and what I have to look forward to with my 08 SEUC which I purchased in Oct 07 it might be time to downsize to a 96 and keep it simple. Reading all the problems and headaches and not to mention the big coverups from Mother Harley it sounds like the easy and softer solution to do.  :nixweiss:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »

Make you wonder just what they are trying to cover up.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »

I think it's just the comp nut.  Was ruuning great till this happened.

Magoo,

did I miss something again??  :D

What was the problem with the vibration?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

2 thoughts,

1)Sorry to dispell your thoughts mr magoo, but the 07's (for certain) and probably 08's don't have comp nuts, they have bolts.

2)96 TC's run just as hot as the 110's and will probably have the same problems, though they may take more time to develop due to less output.  So "downgrading" to a 96 may not solve any problems.  You may need an evo.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »

Well reading all the issues with the 110 motor and what I have to look forward to with my 08 SEUC which I purchased in Oct 07 it might be time to downsize to a 96 and keep it simple. Reading all the problems and headaches and not to mention the big coverups from Mother Harley it sounds like the easy and softer solution to do.  :nixweiss:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

darreldanger

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

New engine being installed now. I'll report back when I've got a few miles on her. I'm stoked to say the least. Dealer went to bat for me and settled only for a new motor this time around. Hopefully, it's a bit better engineered than the first one. I did have a very early date on the other motor. It was built in June 06.
UglyJohn
Your dealer went to bat for you???  :D

chevyhd

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2008, 11:59:13 PM »

A quick summary of my ordeal with my 07 flhtcuse.  Problems started in 12/06, 3500 miles, oil leaks.  New motor #1 finally installed at 7500 miles in 04/07, motor finally junk, bearing out 70 thousandths!!  More oil leaks started in 09/07, 14000 miles.  Motor #2 being installed now and will pick it up 1/03/08, 16900 miles.  2nd motor started with leak at base of rear cylinder, next was the rear head gasket, same as original engine.  Factory sent second motor without tearing down the 1st replacement so I do not know about the bearing run out.  Numerous other problems. Took delivery in sept 06.  Added up total shop time since I have owned it and I am around 50 days!!!  I regret ever buying this thing, in my opinion the 110 is junk. 

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »

Welcome to the site sorry to here about all your issues. 

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

A quick summary of my ordeal with my 07 flhtcuse.  Problems started in 12/06, 3500 miles, oil leaks.  New motor #1 finally installed at 7500 miles in 04/07, motor finally junk, bearing out 70 thousandths!!  More oil leaks started in 09/07, 14000 miles.  Motor #2 being installed now and will pick it up 1/03/08, 16900 miles.  2nd motor started with leak at base of rear cylinder, next was the rear head gasket, same as original engine.  Factory sent second motor without tearing down the 1st replacement so I do not know about the bearing run out.  Numerous other problems. Took delivery in sept 06.  Added up total shop time since I have owned it and I am around 50 days!!!  I regret ever buying this thing, in my opinion the 110 is junk. 

And still the MoCo doesn't accept that this problem even exist!!.......So I have prepared when the problem arise in my Springer.......really sorry what happened to you...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2008, 11:38:20 AM »

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play?"

The bike still rocks doesn't it?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2008, 12:04:41 AM »

Your dealer went to bat for you???  :D

Yep! That's just what I said. I've heard some of same issues where other dealers told their customer to pound sand or say "That's just normal". No I'm not saying I have never had issues with my dealer, who hasn't. But, overall, I'm good.
Ugly John 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:45:53 AM by UglyJohn »
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.