Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visit w/ Jean Davidson  (Read 2104 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
Visit w/ Jean Davidson
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:08:57 AM »

Here's pics of Jean Davidson (grandaughter of founding father Walter D.) during a recent visit to Spokane, WA for several speaking engagements sponsored by Shumate Harley-Davidson.  Of course I had the perfect color bike to go w/ her program's shirt. She's promoting a program called Yell and Tell.  It came about due to a accident that cost her 4 years old grandson's life.  Due to their loss, she went back home and put together this program and is going to as many places as she can to promote it.  Is called Yell and Tell and of course you cand read about it at www.yellandtell.com .  We had a great time and talk about and got to listen to some great stories.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Visit w/ Jean Davidson
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

Here's pics of Jean Davidson (grandaughter of founding father Walter D.) during a recent visit to Spokane, WA for several speaking engagements sponsored by Shumate Harley-Davidson.  Of course I had the perfect color bike to go w/ her program's shirt. She's promoting a program called Yell and Tell.  It came about due to a accident that cost her 4 years old grandson's life.  Due to their loss, she went back home and put together this program and is going to as many places as she can to promote it.  Is called Yell and Tell and of course you cand read about it at www.yellandtell.com .  We had a great time and talk about and got to listen to some great stories.  Let's Roll

She spoke at our HOG Chapter meeting a couple of years ago, promoting her book about growing up with HD.  Really nice, down-to-earth, woman.  Thanks for the pic.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »

Interesting...and nic pic. Thanks

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

She spoke at our HOG Chapter meeting a couple of years ago, promoting her book about growing up with HD.  Really nice, down-to-earth, woman.  Thanks for the pic.

:devil:
She was here a few years ago (maybe promoting the 100th, I can't recall).  She is an extemely nice friendly lady.  A class act for sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »

She was here a few years ago (maybe promoting the 100th, I can't recall).  She is an extemely nice friendly lady.  A class act for sure.

Gabe thats a cool picture, but where were you.  :nixweiss:   ;D  thx for posting

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 02:29:57 AM »

Gabe thats a cool picture, but where were you.  :nixweiss:   ;D  thx for posting

Dave
Well I took the pic.  but then we got some camera time w/ Jean.  Jean, my wife & myself.
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 02:38:42 AM »

She's a very neat lady and yes very down to earth.  She did speaking engaments in 3 schools and 3 cities and then she also spoke to the HOG Chapters of those 3 cities.  Our Chapter was the host for the whole events so us as offiecrs went out on night w/ her and had dinner.  Great time, lots of stories.  Her mind is very, very sharp.  She starts talking Harley Dealers and names start flying out ( owner, managers etc.) very sharp.  She travels alone and stays with a family.  The day she flew out of Spokane, wa to arrive in Milwaukee and then get in her car and drive  a few hours to another activity.  Then on to New York (I think).  For those that are going to Milwaukee for the 105th in Aug. she's ususally ste up at Hall's Harley Davidson.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »

Well I took the pic.  but then we got some camera time w/ Jean.  Jean, my wife & myself.

Now theres a picture.... 3  ;D And a  :bananarock:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »

Absolutely a great pic to add to the photo album.  So glad she was so color coordinated with your gorgeous nanner SEEG.  :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »

She's a really nice person,,  wife and I got to take her around to all the sights in the Falls.  she came back to our house to check out our HD collectibles and autographed some pics of her father.  not to mention our gas tanks. this was July 4th, 2005.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »

She's a really nice person,,  wife and I got to take her around to all the sights in the Falls.  she came back to our house to check out our HD collectibles and autographed some pics of her father.  not to mention our gas tanks. this was July 4th, 2005.
Absolutely another great pic to add to the photo album   :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »

Very nice.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 01:14:09 AM »

Great photos and story. Met her at the 100th and she was giving away autographed copies of her book. She sure is holding up better than Willie G. !!  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 05:31:04 AM »

Cool picture Dennis.  :2vrolijk_21:  Lets see your hands.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 09:06:59 AM »

She is a very nice lady, with a lot to share.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.