Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle Body info  (Read 939 times)

GEEZER-X

Throttle Body info
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:36:44 PM »

Hey guys, I got a question. It  has to do with bigger throttle bodies, and how to tell if your build could gain from a bigger one. I'm running a 04 SE Electraglide. It was a 103 but I built it to a 107 using a performance revolution kit. Head quarters did the head work, using their 600 lift 33g cams, running 10:6 comp, power commander usb and thunderheader. I have been reading about quite a few people who seem to just automatically go to bigger TB's with their builds either being bigger or smaller then mine. Is there a rule of thumb or a way of figuring if one needs a bigger TB. My builder seems to think I am fine with the stock, which I believe is like a 44mm. Yet I keep reading of everyone changing to bigger ones. I can say the bike runs good, about 112 hp and 123 Tq. Just wondering if a bigger TB would be worth the investment and how to determine if I need one or not. Any info would be appreciated. Thx Geezer
04 SE FLHT Revolution Performance 107 kit  thunder header, HQ 0033g cams, HQ heads, 10.6comp, PC3, 115hp-130torque..

hogasm

Re: Throttle Body info
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »

Hey guys, I got a question. It  has to do with bigger throttle bodies, and how to tell if your build could gain from a bigger one. I'm running a 04 SE Electraglide. It was a 103 but I built it to a 107 using a performance revolution kit. Head quarters did the head work, using their 600 lift 33g cams, running 10:6 comp, power commander usb and thunderheader. I have been reading about quite a few people who seem to just automatically go to bigger TB's with their builds either being bigger or smaller then mine. Is there a rule of thumb or a way of figuring if one needs a bigger TB. My builder seems to think I am fine with the stock, which I believe is like a 44mm. Yet I keep reading of everyone changing to bigger ones. I can say the bike runs good, about 112 hp and 123 Tq. Just wondering if a bigger TB would be worth the investment and how to determine if I need one or not. Any info would be appreciated. Thx Geezer

Call Head quarters.....it is there build and no one should know better than them as to what size they reccomend.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »

Call Head quarters.....it is there build and no one should know better than them as to what size they reccomend.

I agree 100% . The TB should be matched to the size of the combustion chamber and the flow characteristics of the head porting. If Headquarters did the heads, they should know what the optimum size for your TB is.

B B
     FYI
          BC Gerolomy and others bore and rebuild TB's to spec.

GEEZER-X

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »

Thanks all for the info.. I'll give them a call..
04 SE FLHT Revolution Performance 107 kit  thunder header, HQ 0033g cams, HQ heads, 10.6comp, PC3, 115hp-130torque..

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.